FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

please need to force audio transcoding

<<

marcjero

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:10 pm

please need to force audio transcoding

Hi,

I'm using Samsung A-Serie TV with Serviio. I have some sound issues with MKV H264 AC3 files. Basically I remux these files to MPEGTS but sometimes the original AC3 soundtrack doesn't work fine with the receiver. If I encode the AC3 (2 channels 192k bitrate) it works perfectly. Problem is when Serviio sees that the target audio encoding is the same as the original audio encoding it just ask to ffmpeg to copy the soundtrack.

So would be great to add a force audio transcoding attribute for rendering definitions (forceATranscoding for instance). I think it will be pretty easy to do and can make sense for other tricky receivers as well.

I can supply my updated Samsung profile. For information Samygo project fixed all aspect ratio problems with this TV so remuxing a MKV works very well now except the sound which can be jerky for some files.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Re: please need to force audio transcoding

did you try transcoding into mp3?
<<

marcjero

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:04 am

Yes I tried mp3 and lpcm but didn't work with the receiver. I suppose this is because the video is h264 but I will check again.
<<

marcjero

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Well it didn't work first because ffmpeg was compiled without the mp3lame support. Now it works fine.

Return to Feature requests