WardMD

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:56 am

Leave titles as I have my filenames

Personally, I prefer having my movie titles displayed like:

"Sound of Music, The"

rather than:

"The Sound of Music"

It would be nice to have an OPTION to simply drop the File Extension on the list of files displayed on the renderer (rather than renaming them).
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Leave titles as I have my filenames

use the FOLDER section of serviio when browsing your media that will show them exactly as u have them on the drive :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

rward1953

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:58 pm

I've noticed that Serviio tends to rename files, especially if they are numbers only, or a title that is close to something else on line.

I would prefer to make this decision myself, as I have had problems with tv programs where the sole identifier is 101, 102 etc. Also, YouTube stuff is also renamed randomly.

It would also be helpful to be able to rename existing transcoded files, if this does occur, at least so I can figure out what the file was by title as opposed to playing it. The renaming is far from accurate, and sometimes out and out confusing.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:05 pm

rward1953 wrote:I've noticed that Serviio tends to rename files, especially if they are numbers only, or a title that is close to something else on line.

I would prefer to make this decision myself, as I have had problems with tv programs where the sole identifier is 101, 102 etc. Also, YouTube stuff is also renamed randomly.

It would also be helpful to be able to rename existing transcoded files, if this does occur, at least so I can figure out what the file was by title as opposed to playing it. The renaming is far from accurate, and sometimes out and out confusing.

As listed above, the folder view shows exactly how the file is named. Also, if you disable online metadata you won't get misidentified media. You can either create your own NFO files with the data listed as you want, or accept the way it looks without any metadata. I personally don't know what that would look like, as I use the online information and name my files as appropriate to retrieve the correct information.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Feature requests