FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Define folders as TV or Movie when adding sources

<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Define folders as TV or Movie when adding sources

Cerberus wrote:yet DLNA isnt simple but with a little work its fine but if your match your nick then well thats down to you.

There is a technical solution here, it works in other products. Serviio does work better than any other DLNA server I have tested, however I find this particular issue with the Movies folder very annoying.

You know I would much rather spend time with my family watching content then sitting at my PC FIXING content. As serviio increases in popularity I suspect a influx of non-technical users will be simmialry puzzled why content gets dumped in the Movies meta folder.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:24 pm

lazybones wrote:
Cerberus wrote:yet DLNA isnt simple but with a little work its fine but if your match your nick then well thats down to you.

There is a technical solution here, it works in other products. Serviio does work better than any other DLNA server I have tested, however I find this particular issue with the Movies folder very annoying.

You know I would much rather spend time with my family watching content then sitting at my PC FIXING content. As serviio increases in popularity I suspect a influx of non-technical users will be simmialry puzzled why content gets dumped in the Movies meta folder.

not really the basics of a good library is to nae everything correctly, if you dotn want to do that then thats up to you, teh 1000s of other users of serviio seem happy with it.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Marking a folder with content type - I don't think I'll be doing it as it would make it impossible to have series and movies in the same (root) folder. If you have a high turnaround of content then fine, obviously you won't fine tune your library and can use the Folders / Last Added categories.
<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:54 pm

zip wrote:Marking a folder with content type - I don't think I'll be doing it as it would make it impossible to have series and movies in the same (root) folder. If you have a high turnaround of content then fine, obviously you won't fine tune your library and can use the Folders / Last Added categories.

You could have a source folder flagged as Movies / TV / Auto / None... where Auto is the default behavior found now and Movies only does movie db look ups and TV only does TV DB look ups. I would suggest that this 4 way value could replace the current meta on and off value.

Your suggestion that this makes it impossible to have both in the root folder is a little funny, as already illustrated the current system already forces you to set multiple folder targets to avoid meta tagging non TV or Movie Video. Anyone who has taken the time to name and tag all media will likely have a Movies folder and separate TV folder.

I used to target /media/Video

Now I have several targets one level deeper in my directory structure just to avoid meta tagging the ODD type folders:

/media/Video/TV
/media/Video/Movies
/media/Video/Kids meta unchecked
/media/Video/Unsorted meta unchecked
<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:13 am

As for specials what name format is Serviio supposed to support? (theRenamer, Filebot and some other tools) ether fail to name these or the file name they make is ignored by Serviio

What would you call the 3 Specials in Season 4 of Robot Chicken?
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 4770&lid=7

Edit:

Sanctuary Webisodes
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 7498&lid=7

Battlestar Galactica Face of the Enemy Webisodes
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 5950&lid=7

These are all in TVDB but I am guessing serviio does not detect specials correctly or it is looking for something VERY specific.
Last edited by lazybones on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:33 am

lazybones wrote:As for specials what name format is Serviio supposed to support? (theRenamer, Filebot and some other tools) ether fail to name these or the file name they make is ignored by Serviio

i can help you atm as the site is block from this network but i will have a look for you one im home if you want to list any you need help with i will try and find correct namign for them.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:00 am

Updated my post so there are now three difference Series Examples where the Specials / Webisodes are in TVDb but still do not detect.. Not sure what format the file names should be.

Sanctuary Webisodes
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 7498&lid=7

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 5950&lid=7
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:37 am

lazybones wrote:Updated my post so there are now three difference Series Examples where the Specials / Webisodes are in TVDb but still do not detect.. Not sure what format the file names should be.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 4770&lid=7 <----- Robot Chicken S0E1 - blah, ETC

Sanctuary Webisodes
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 7498&lid=7 <------ Sanctuary S0E01 - webisode 1

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 5950&lid=7 <----- Battlestar Galactica (2003) S0E10 - Face of the Enemy (1), ETC

now this took me all of 2 seconds to work out and ZIP gave you a hint to this in an earlier post so please think for yourself and dont just expect us to do all the work for you. well unless you want to pay for my sevices and I charge £90 call out then £30 an hour for pc problems.

my time here is free, as long as im not getting the piss taken out of me.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:52 am

Cerberus wrote:my time here is free, as long as im not getting the piss taken out of me.

I am not trying to be a PITA, it simply wasn't obvious... if you navigate TVDB the page content just states SPECIAL for the session... however if you look at the title bar for the SPECIAL page it show season zero. It also wasn't clear for shows that have season specific specials.. Other naming tools have changed files to S03xSPECIAL etc and other strange formats.

Its sorted now, I have an example that works... so I can fix up more of my exceptions to normal naming.

Thank-you
<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:20 pm

I have been struggling to get all my media named correctly. The wiki says
  Code:
specials, pilots and webisodes also need to follow the series episode naming format or they may end up in the movie folder. Look up your episode on www.thetvdb.com if it appears in the SPECIALS section its season with be S0, then follow the episode number listed on the page.
Should this read
  Code:
specials, pilots and webisodes also need to follow the series episode naming format or they may end up in the movie folder. Look up your episode on www.thetvdb.com if it appears in the SPECIALS section its season WILL be S0, then follow the episode number listed on the page.
I hope this does not seem like nitpicking I'm just trying to fully understand the instructions before I start renaming my media.

Thx guys
<<

Peteyus

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:48 pm

I know this is reviving a dead thread... but this is something that's been incredibly frustrating for me. I find the movies metadata to be useless, because there are things which are not listed in the episode lists such as deleted scenes and extras from series DVDs in my library, and Serviio continues to try and pick those up as movies. At the very least I'd like to be able to indicate that a folder has TV, Movies and TV, or just Movies when I add it to my library -- then you can have the mixed content and I can keep the movies metadata clean. For now I'm just going to turn it off, but it's a frustrating limitation to have that something must be either TV or Movie and I can't specify anything else.
Previous

Return to Feature requests