FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Define folders as TV or Movie when adding sources

<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Define folders as TV or Movie when adding sources

My Movies virtual folder is basically full of incorrect junk, the Series folders are nearly correct... It seems that the built in logic for detection TV and Movies is a bit off. I would really like to be able to force a TYPE on the source folders to help avoid this.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Define folders as TV or Movie when adding sources

lazybones wrote:My Movies virtual folder is basically full of incorrect junk, the Series folders are nearly correct... It seems that the built in logic for detection TV and Movies is a bit off. I would really like to be able to force a TYPE on the source folders to help avoid this.

as long as filenames follow corrcet naming convention is wont be an issue.

http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=metadata
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Cerberus wrote:
lazybones wrote:My Movies virtual folder is basically full of incorrect junk, the Series folders are nearly correct... It seems that the built in logic for detection TV and Movies is a bit off. I would really like to be able to force a TYPE on the source folders to help avoid this.

That is fine for TV shows, however most of my Movie folder has reasonable Folder names containing awful media file names and no .nfo files... Thus a mess.

Guess I will just turn off the Movies meta folder completely.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:38 pm

can you give an example of a file path to a file that is not correctly recognized? Or a few.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:55 pm

lazybones wrote:
Cerberus wrote:

That is fine for TV shows, however most of my Movie folder has reasonable Folder names containing awful media file names and no .nfo files... Thus a mess.

Guess I will just turn off the Movies meta folder completely.

http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=therenamer
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:49 am

Renaming only works if all your content is ripped commercial movies or TV really.. The Movie folder seems to end up as a dumping ground for all sorts of random stuff that Isn't necessarily a movie or a TV show. Currently there is NO WAY to include such content for the folder view but Exclude it from the Meta folders.

Here are some general examples

Extras
Folder: /Video/Kids/Education Title/ Extras
Videos:
Vol 1 - Review.avi
Vol 2 - Review.avi
Vol 3 - Review.avi
Vol 4 - Review.avi

All appear under the Movies Virtual Folder as a Horror movie called Blood Link
Blood Link
Blood Link
Blood Link
Blood Link
Blood Link

For some reason several TV Specials IE
Show Title: Special Name 1 show named correctly but instead of being in the Series folder with the TV shows show up in the Movies folder

Several of my pre Existing shows have a folder format of ( I have a lot of legacy renaming to do but these formats are not completely un common):

Show Title
-Season #
--01 - Episode title
--02 - Episode title
--03 - Episode title

All seasons and episodes of these shows show up In the Movies folder as
Show Title
Show Title
Show Title

Several non broadcast web shows I have saved such as The Battlestar Galactica Webisodes are named Battlestar Galactica- The Face of the Enemy - Webisode 01.avi etc and all show up as "Battlestar Galactica" repeated in the Movies section..

I believe these problems are the reason that XBMC for example lets you classify your source folders / select the correct scraper for each before they are added to its Virtual Library folders.

Now Obviously I can go and fix some of my naming problems with renaming tools, however the above cases I think are good examples of why that isn't the whole solution.

If you want EXACT examples I will be happy to PM them to you.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:45 am

yer that easy put all your private stuff in a seperate serviio share and turn metadata off in console for that folder then they will only appear in folder view and NOT the others.

to fix the " 01 -episode " files you can use another program from tool to prefix them all with showname S0* then metadata will work for them too

http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=renamng

naming convention take a few hour on 2000 files but is worth it in the end, took me 3 hours to do 2TB of movies and TV shows with teh 2 tools i have provided you. I can give you my settings files for The Renamer if you require which has a few edits to make it slightly better in way it works.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:16 am

Bit late to this thread but its given me an idea! What about adding an option in the next version of serviio the option to exclude certain folders from meta data lookups ie for stuff that isnt movies or tv episodes?
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:28 am

WildRushSykes wrote:Bit late to this thread but its given me an idea! What about adding an option in the next version of serviio the option to exclude certain folders from meta data lookups ie for stuff that isnt movies or tv episodes?

its already a function its in the console just untick the metadata box.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:28 am

Unchecking the meta data option will solve my issue with my Strange folders, however I will have to go and break up my sources now, but that isn't that big a deal.

1. Properly named Specials for shows still are showing up in the movies folder
2. Anything that is not a TV episode automatically seems to become a movie.
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:31 am

Thanks Cerberus had a blonde moment :shock: Gonna scurry back into my hole :lol:
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:32 am

lazybones wrote:Unchecking the meta data option will solve my issue with my Strange folders, however I will have to go and break up my sources now, but that isn't that big a deal.

1. Properly named Specials for shows still are showing up in the movies folder
2. Anything that is not a TV episode automatically seems to become a movie.

1. That down to the online DB casification not serviio.
2. Correct, video metadata only has 2 options movie or series. ( so for privates you would have to turn meta off to stop this )
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:33 am

WildRushSykes wrote:Thanks Cerberus had a blonde moment :shock: Gonna scurry back into my hole :lol:

dont worry we still <3 ya bro LOLOL
Last edited by Cerberus on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:38 am

Cerberus wrote:
WildRushSykes wrote:Thanks Cerberus had a blonde moment :shock: Gonna scurry back into my hole :lol:

dont worry i still <3 ya bro LOLOL

Well it is 4:37 am so my brains not engaged what the heck are you still up for only im allowed to lurk this late :lol: Wild passes Cerberus a cup of coffee!

<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:16 am

! have excluded the majority of trouble folders from meta data
I have aggressively scrubbed my file names with theRenamer and Filebot.

And I STILL get stray TV episodes from my TV folders (webisodes, specials and pilots mostly) dumped in the movie meta folder..

Ether there needs to be a way to FIX a source folder as TV only, or servio needs to be smarter about none IDed files and just not GUESS and dump them in the Movie folder.

Some shows have specials frequently, and others publish Webisods or other content randomly. It would be nice if there was a way to handle this.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 am

lazybones wrote:! have excluded the majority of trouble folders from meta data
I have aggressively scrubbed my file names with theRenamer and Filebot.

And I STILL get stray TV episodes from my TV folders (webisodes, specials and pilots mostly) dumped in the movie meta folder..

Ether there needs to be a way to FIX a source folder as TV only, or servio needs to be smarter about none IDed files and just not GUESS and dump them in the Movie folder.

Some shows have specials frequently, and others publish Webisods or other content randomly. It would be nice if there was a way to handle this.

or you contact tvdb.com and get specials added to each series.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:30 am

lazybones wrote:And I STILL get stray TV episodes from my TV folders (webisodes, specials and pilots mostly) dumped in the movie meta folder..

All these have to still follow the episode naming. Check thetvdb.com, they are usually put in season 0 or similar, so you'd end up with a file name like The Series S00E02.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:38 am

You can also make your own metadata.

Code:
If your video cannot be recognized try to name your file or folder more accurately and double check if the video is present in the above online databases. If not, feel free to contribute to them and add or edit the metadata.

Swisscenter

Serviio supports importing XML files generated by Swisscenter media center. Using this extractor will enable you to completely manage your media library metadata via Swisscenter.

XBMC

Serviio supports importing .nfo XML files generated by XBMC. Using this extractor will enable you to completely manage your media library metadata via XBMC.

Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

lazybones

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:50 pm

Solutions given:
- Automated tools theRenamer and filebot (theRenamer fails on most Specials, the format filebot makes apparently doesn't work with serviio so serviio still generates Movie folder junk)
- Manually perfecting the file name to what amounts to an arbitrary format
- contacting the online DB and manually updating the the database
- downloading YET ANOTHER app to create a local file.

The above are a pain because many of my folders have high turnover, I don't exactly keep everything forever.

ALL can be avoided if the scraping engine KNOWS the source folders content type and IGNORES files that fail look up by the matching type instead of defaulting them to the INCORRECT type of Movie and takes what ever random hit it find when mashing the string into that default Movie DB.

As smooth as everything else is, the Movie meta folder is a junk folder pure and simple unless you are OCD about every file in the folders Serviio has marked for meta data.

So I am Back to only using the Series Meta folders since they actually work.. and disabling the the Movies Meta folder since it isn't very useful.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:05 pm

yet DLNA isnt simple but with a little work its fine but if your match your nick then well thats down to you.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Next

Return to Feature requests