FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Configure Categories on Server Console

<<

duderino

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Configure Categories on Server Console

Hi!

After trying the mess that is Samsung Share Manager (at least in my experience) I came about your software and it works A LOT better in every way! :D Congrats!

Anyway, one thing that would really make my every day use easier would be the option to choose which categories you want to show up on your TV.

An easy one to start with, would be to have your software look at all the shared folders and see if any category (Audio, Photos, Video) isn't beeing shared at all, and have that not appear on your TV. For instance, I only one shared folder with video in it, so when I started browsing on my TV the other 2 categories wouldn't even show up. Or better yet, since it's the only category that is shared, go right into the Video category and don't even require me to click "Video" first to access my share.

Personally, I only use the Folder browsing option, so another cool feature would be to be able to remove all other kinds of sorting from the browser (like "Movies", "Series", "Last Viewed", etc). So there could be like a checkbox list where all those categories could be checked/unchecked, on the Serviio console itself. And, again, if only one category was selected, you would go straight in to it on your TV.

If both these features were implemented, I could go from the main media menu, to my folder structure in 1 single click, and that would be pretty cool. :mrgreen: What do you think?

Keep up the good work!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Configure Categories on Server Console

Yeah, it's on the todo list. I implemented the browsing mechanism with this in mind. The idea is to give the users the ability to design their own browsing categories. Not sure when but it will be implemented :-)
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:14 pm

<<

duderino

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:31 am

Great to hear! I'm looking forward to that! :D

Return to Feature requests