FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WTV and/or DVR-MS files?

<<

swainstm

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:44 am

Re: WTV and/or DVR-MS files?

I am trying to get WTV files playing but does not seem to work with Serviio 0.5.2. The WTV files are from Win7 Media Center recording of HDTV.

Is this because full WTV support is not in 0.5.2 yet, or do I have some other problem. If it is not in 0.5.2, when do you think it will be in working version?

Any other assitance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matthew
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 am

What's your device? It works, but maybe it's not setup for your profile.
<<

swainstm

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:18 pm

It is a Samsung TV. LA37B650 LCD TV. When I try the WTV file I get a "Not Supported File Format" message on the TV.

I have checked the Profile, and it appears to be correctly listed as "Samsung TV (B Series).

I am very new to this, so quite possible I do not have it setup correctly, so any guideance on what I need to do would be appreciated.

I have attached the output of ffmpeg -i on the file. Interesting I have also tried another DLNA server called Mezzmo. This seems to work with the WTV file, but does not get the aspect ratio right, and does not seem to be as good as Serviio in handling the other files. I have also in the attachment included the ffmpeg output that came with Mezzmo, which seems to be later version and gives better results. To try something out, I also tried copying the Mezzmo ffmpeg to the serviio lib directory to see if that made any difference than it did not.

Thanks for your help.

Matthew
Attachments
serviio.txt
Output of ffmpeg -i from both the ffmpeg in the serviio\lib directory and a difference version of ffmpeg that is in the directory of another peice of SW.
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
<<

zip

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:15 pm

there is only 1 ffmpeg output, not the Serviio one
<<

swainstm

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:29 pm

My mistake.

Attached is the file I meant to post.

Thanks
Matthew
Attachments
serviio.txt
Output of ffmpeg -i from both the ffmpeg in the serviio\lib directory and a difference version of ffmpeg that is in the directory of another peice of SW.
(5.57 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
<<

zip

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:24 pm

It looks normal. Can you turn on detailed logging and try playing it again? It should start ffmpeg for the transcoding, let's see if it's failing.
<<

swainstm

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:14 am

From my limited knowledge, it looks to be failing. I could even see that without the debugging.

As requested, I have turned on the debugging and have attached both the serviio log. I have dug out what I assume is the problematic ffmpeg command, and run this manually with both the serviio ffmpeg and another later version I have, and uploaded the output from this in ffmpeg-output.txt. This was all done on a smaller bb.wtv file that I made, and was done at around 2011-06-03 10:48:27.

I am not a video or ffmpeg expert, but hopefully this all makes sense to you and you can give further direction to resolve this.

Once again thanks for your excellent support.

Matthew
Attachments
ffmpeg-output.txt
Output from manually run ffmpeg (both serviio version of ffmpeg and another later 1 I have on my PC)
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
serviio.log
Serviio log file with debug on.
(201.56 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:55 am

You could try forcing mpeg2video encoding:
  Code:
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" forceVTranscoding="true">
            <Matches container="wtv" vCodec="mpeg2video" />
         </Video>
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

zip

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:47 am

Yep, try just adding the forceVTranscoding="true" attribute on the existing transcode config in your profile, as per Illico's example
<<

rcooper5908

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:51 am

swainstm wrote:From my limited knowledge, it looks to be failing. I could even see that without the debugging.

As requested, I have turned on the debugging and have attached both the serviio log. I have dug out what I assume is the problematic ffmpeg command, and run this manually with both the serviio ffmpeg and another later version I have, and uploaded the output from this in ffmpeg-output.txt. This was all done on a smaller bb.wtv file that I made, and was done at around 2011-06-03 10:48:27.

I am not a video or ffmpeg expert, but hopefully this all makes sense to you and you can give further direction to resolve this.

Once again thanks for your excellent support.

Matthew

The last line of the ffmpeg output tells the tail. I had this one every single h.264 .wtv file. This is a known FFMPEG issue and there are a couple of patches out there but if you go to your ffmpeg source directory and edit libavformat/utils.c around lines 3171 and 3176 (the current git source as of 2011-10-15) and comment out the two lines in that range that say "return AVERROR(EINVAL);" all will be fine. In other words change those lines to read:
/* return AVERROR(EINVAL); */
instead. IIRC this bug generally only appears with .wtv files containing h.264 encoded video. By do the above I can transcode all the .wtv files (all h.264) pefectly every time
<<

lightsailpro

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:04 am

rcooper5908, could you post your ffmpeg.exe file which can fix "mpeg_decode_postinit() failure" error? Thanks.
<<

rcooper5908

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:17 pm

lightsailpro wrote:rcooper5908, could you post your ffmpeg.exe file which can fix "mpeg_decode_postinit() failure" error? Thanks.

not what it does, it gets around the :

pplication provided invalid, non monotonically increasing d
ts to muxer in stream

I should have said last lines instead of line. I also ONLY get this on .wtv files and in my case they are always h.264 (HD-PVR) recordings
<<

alan93

Serviio lover

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:50 pm

zip wrote:I've tried your example with the ffmpeg I have and it successfully remuxed into mpegts. I'll include the support for a next version.

https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -wtv-files

I saw this as "resolved" but why can't i play wtv files? it says unsupported type or corrupt.

I tried other profiles too.
Previous

Return to Feature requests