FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

configurable SSDP advertisement period

<<

Brammers

Serviio lover

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:04 pm

configurable SSDP advertisement period

Serviio seems to randomly not be detected by my Sony BD player. Vuze (running on the same PC) is always spotted instantly - it never fails.

Serviio eventually re-appears (after the ~12min advertisement period).

Can we have a configurable variable so I could get Serviio to advertise every 2 minutes or something, so I don't have to either a) wait 10 minutes or b) restart the service?

Thanks
J
<<

ffrankpal

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:51 am

Re: configurable SSDP advertisement period

What browse category do you use? For episodes in Series category it uses 01., 02. etc so they should be sorted. Also what is your player?

AlexKara

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:38 am

I'm concerned that the interval between ssdp:alive notifications sent by the ohNet device stack isn't sufficient to cope with the possibility of occasional non-delivery of these notifications (which can happen, as UDP multicast is an unreliable protocol).

The default max-age value is 1800 seconds, and ohNet sends ssdp:alive messages at a random interval between 600 and 1200 seconds (1/3 and 2/3 of max-age). This means that a single missed notification could cause a control point to assume that the device has gone away. For example, two consecutive notifications might randomly happen at intervals of 1000 seconds each, and the first of these might not be delivered.

As a comparison, Twonky and Asset send these notifications at intervals of approximately one minute, so it would require over 25 consecutive missed notifications before a control point removes the device.

The interval used by ohNet doesn't seem to be configurable. It's always a random number between 1/3 and 2/3 of the max-age value. I'd like to use a shorter interval to guard against the possibility of UDP multicast unreliabilty, though I wouldn't go as far in this direction as Twonky and Asset do. Would it be possible to either decrease the default interval or add a configuration parameter so that a device could decrease the interval that it uses?
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:26 am

http://www.serviio.org/component/conten ... properties
Look at the serviio.advertisementDuration switch.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Feature requests