FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fine Grained Skip / Back

<<

wassy

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Fine Grained Skip / Back

Hi,

First of all I have to say the Serviio media server is one of the best i've tried so far in terms of compatibility for samsung TV's, truly excellent work.

I have a LE46B650 and am running serviio on Vista and was wondering if it would be possible to improve the skip / back functionality. At the moment it is very hard to skip to the correct part of a show because unless you keep your finger pressed on the TV remote constantly until the search bar gets to the right point it will start to re-stream at the point the progress bar has got to. This means im frequently going past the bit i want to get to and then going back past it the other way and having to wait in between while it loads again.

In short. Is it possible to introduce a 1-2 second delay after you release the skip / back key before it reloads the stream, this would allow you to position the progress bar at the correct point before the stream re-loads.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Fine Grained Skip / Back

HI,

thanks. Unfortunately this is not in my power ;-) The control is managed by the TV and Serviio just responds to requests for data. In this case the TV sends request for a part of the file, starting at some point (where you fast-forwarded).

My XBox 360 manages this better for example.
<<

wassy

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Fine Grained Skip / Back

thanks for the response zip, I appreciate all the you've put into this.

Return to Feature requests