FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

trakt.tv

<<

r-win

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:03 pm

trakt.tv

It would be pretty cool if Serviio would be able to register the movies or series you're watching with trakt.tv. That way, you can keep track of what you've seen, what you still have to see, what your progress is, and (nice) which shows or movies you might also like.

Their API is pretty straightforward, so implementation should be *doable*, although I know it will still be work ;)

I've seen in earlier posts that it might be difficult for Serviio to detect when a stream starts playing, when it's paused, or when it's stopped, something which is required for this feature, of course.

I was thinking about the following:

- When a movie/show starts playing, check in on trakt.tv. This will tell trakt.tv that you're watching the show right now
- When a show/movie gets paused, unwatch on trakt.tv, or do nothing. I can imagine that pause can be really, really hard to detect, since you don't get a notification from the TV.
- When a show/movie stops, check it's progress. If there's only around 5% left, register as watched, otherwise unwatch.

This feature can have multiple implementations. I can understand that it would be waaay out of scope for a media server to implement something like this (even though Plex did ;)).
Anyway, if it's out of scope, can you please (pretty, pretty please) let us register script hooks on the above events? In that case, pass arguments with path and progress if available.
Linksys WRT320N | Samsung PS-50C7700 | Microsoft XBOX 360 | Windows 8.1 | Linux Ubuntu 13.04
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: trakt.tv

It looks nice and I like to integrate ;-) Create a bitbucket ticket, will see when I get around to implement it
<<

r-win

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Created here: https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... tv-support

Forgot to log on, so it's created as anonymous ;)
Linksys WRT320N | Samsung PS-50C7700 | Microsoft XBOX 360 | Windows 8.1 | Linux Ubuntu 13.04
<<

michal

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Is there any progress on this? I would love to have trakt.tv with Serviio.
<<

norm

Serviio lover

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Yes trakt.tv integration would be great. Hope it gets added soon :)
<<

mrgreat

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:05 pm

Bump. Not sure if there has been any progress with this integration.. Going to try this add-on in the meantime:
https://github.com/normsland/UPnPtrakt
<<

Cybmole

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:57 am

mrgreat wrote:Bump. Not sure if there has been any progress with this integration.. Going to try this add-on in the meantime:
https://github.com/normsland/UPnPtrakt

i am also interested in progress updates on this. i discovered trakt via series guide app, saw on the trakt site that plugins exist for plex, kodi.... but not serviio, so came here so see if there are plans....

Return to Feature requests