FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Howto Use Playlists

<<

servant74

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 am

Howto Use Playlists

I can't seem to find how to make different named playlists? The Media Browser display implies it should be possible.

I kind pointer on where to RTFM (with detail on where to look in the document) would be appreciated.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:56 am

Re: Howto Use Playlists

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9628&p=66472&hilit=+playlists+create#p65366

Basically, create a playlist with the product of your choice (or Windows Media Player if a win user), storing it somewhere in your shared folder. Refresh your library and it should appear under the Playlists category on your TV and in MediaBrowser.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:59 pm

If you use Windows, search for "Playlist Creator 3". I use it and works fantastic. Save the playlist file in any of your Serviio file locations and it will show up at your next refresh.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

servant74

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Ok, I am a newbie at this, but given there is the 'playlist' slideout on the right hand side, And we can drag/drop items onto that and they stick (at least for the session), it would seem reasonable to allow saving that playlist as a 'Playlist' locally or being able to save it onto the server (if on the computer the server is on, or to copy it there via out-of-band mechanism like ftp, etc.

I would like to have a playlist to bunch some similar video's, like James Bond flicks, or Bourne or Jesse Stone, anyway you get the idea.

I did download Playlist Creator and am working on using it. Still, it seems like it might be simple to put a simple-minded playlist creator in the serviio suite, but things are always simple when I don't have to do the coding :)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:11 pm

I remember trying that too, before I actually searched for how to do it. I was just being lazy... :lol: I think you'll find Playlist Creator extremely easy to use. Only takes a few seconds to build a list.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

servant74

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:33 am

Using "Playlist Creator" worked. It needs windows to run, so I had to go find a winders machine. Then copy the generated playlist into one of the directories already know to serviio.

Still having a 'built in' option would be a very useful feature.
<<

gmann001

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:23 pm

servant74 wrote:Using "Playlist Creator" worked. It needs windows to run, so I had to go find a winders machine. Then copy the generated playlist into one of the directories already know to serviio.

I use https://sites.google.com/site/ourmediamanager/ to create my playlist (also windows based) and save all my playlist files into a specific folder. Then within Serviio console, I setup that folder under the "library" tab, just like I did with all of the video folders. Seems to work great.
<<

d4rk0n3

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:24 pm

I don't understand, how do i create a playlist based on the media shared on the dlna server? IF i just drag & drop files from a harddisk the path's in the playlists are incorrect compared to the path dlna would do? Is there some kind of regex replacing the path automatically and using the filenames to fix the path?

I don't understand. I create playlists using Playlist Creator 3, i drop them in a folder where serviio scans, i can see in the logs the playlist is scanned but it still won't appear anywhere.

There's needs to be documentation on this.
<<

d4rk0n3

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:32 pm

Ok i get it now, the path needs to be exactly the same as generated in the media libary by serviio, makes sense.

Return to General discussion