FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DLNA Profile for Philips BDP-5100

<<

pmsumner

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:11 pm

DLNA Profile for Philips BDP-5100

Hi,

I've only recently joined the Bluray revolution (ooo shiney) and while I've provided a profile for the new TV to Zip already, I can't seem to get one for the BDP. I run Device Spy and it doesn't show the player. I tried manually adding the device but that didn't achieve anything useful ("can't load device" error).

The two open ports shown with an nmap scan are 10115 and 13000, and appending these to the IP doesn't make it work.

Everything does work however, I can stream video from Serviio to the Bluray player (and it's a hell of a lot better quality than streaming direct to the Toshiba Regza telly!).

Can anyone help me figure out why I can't see the device using Device Spy?

[Edited title - was Sony, is now Philips]
Last edited by pmsumner on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Re: DLNA Profile for Philips BDP-5100

Some devices wont show on device spy and are picked up by serviio as unrecognised device or have an orange ball next to them in the console.

For the profile for sony blueray players refer to this topic found using the search function of this forum ;)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1126
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

pmsumner

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Cerberus wrote:Some devices wont show on device spy and are picked up by serviio as unrecognised device or have an orange ball next to them in the console.

For the profile for sony blueray players refer to this topic found using the search function of this forum ;)

I apologise the title should have said Philips not Sony - edited post. Been reading too many of other people's posts about Sony problems...
<<

pmsumner

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Cerberus wrote:Some devices wont show on device spy and are picked up by serviio as unrecognised device or have an orange ball next to them in the console.

And as to not being recognised by Device Spy, hrmph. How unfair :)
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:20 pm

tell me about it so annoying when they aint recognised :(
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to General discussion