FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Version 1.5.1 does not update library. Need version 1.4.1

<<

hjroman

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Version 1.5.1 does not update library. Need version 1.4.1

Please, where can I download versión 1.4.1 (I deleted the old installer after I downloaded the newer one)? Version 1.5.1 does not refresh my library.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:57 pm

Re: Version 1.5.1 does not update library. Need version 1.4.

Same than 1.5.1, just change version on link:

http://download.serviio.org/releases/se ... -setup.exe

http://download.serviio.org/releases/se ... -setup.exe

Please details your problem, probably Zip could help you.
<<

hjroman

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks for the link for the download. In the forum others have reported issues with 'library refresh' but no solution yet. For example viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18225 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18475&p=99152&hilit=library+refresh#p99152
<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:53 pm

hjroman wrote:Please, where can I download versión 1.4.1 (I deleted the old installer after I downloaded the newer one)? Version 1.5.1 does not refresh my library.

Can we have some more information regarding your setup? Your not alone with this issue
<<

hjroman

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:30 pm

My setup:
- Asus MB, i7 CPU, NVidia GC, 16 GB RAM.
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64.
- Serviio 1.5.1 (no Pro). No transcode.
- LG Smart TV and LG BD with DLNA both of them.
- My system drive (SSD) 'C'. No shares, only Windows and Program Files.
- An external USB 3.0 drive 'A'. Shares (Serviio -> Library (Tab) -> Shared folders): 'A:\TV' (with folders for each TV show), 'A:\MOVIES' (with folders for each movie), 'A:\VIDEOS' (for homemade and downloaded videos)
- An external USB 3.0 drive 'B'. With similar shares than 'A'.
- An internal SATA III drive 'D'. With similar shares than 'A'. But maybe for Serviio it behaves like an 'external' ESATA drive because it have the option to 'eject' (hot-swap).

Serviio does no updates the library when I add a new file (TV, movie or video), neither in the categories (TV or Movies) nor in the folders browsing. Forcing updates does not makes a difference either. The only way to refresh is to delete the share and re-add it. According to the forums, the problem is related to the way Serviio manages 'external' drives. I will make an 'experiment' with the internal SSD to see how Serviio behaves but after that I still will remove 1.5.1 and reinstall 1.4.1.2 until the issue is solved. The new feature of 'offline' behavior for the 'external' drives is a good addition but I really don't need it because my drives are always connected.
Last edited by hjroman on Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

hjroman

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 pm

Update: After the 'Pro' evaluation expired, the library is updating properly, apparently. Anyway, I will keep 1.5.1 for a week to see how it behaves. Maybe the 'evaluation' status or some 'Pro' feature (MediaBrowser or 'Controling access') caused the issues with the library updating process.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:39 pm

hjroman wrote:Update: After the 'Pro' evaluation expired, the library is updating properly, apparently. Anyway, I will keep 1.5.1 for a week to see how it behaves. Maybe the 'evaluation' status or some 'Pro' feature (MediaBrowser or 'Controling access') caused the issues with the library updating process.

That would not be the problem, but using the drive names (instead of UNC) might. See the FAQ: http://www.serviio.org/component/conten ... e?id=21#q5
<<

hjroman

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, ZIP. But:
a) The 'update library' process worked fine in version 1.4.1.2.
b) They are USB 'local' drives. As far as I know, UNC is for network shares (but maybe I am wrong). I corrected the previous post to specify that the shares are within Serviio (DLNA protocol), not in Windows (File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks protocol). My apologies for the confusion.

One thing I like of Serviio is the simplicity (without losing the 'advanced' and 'debug' options for power users). There is no need to share the folders in the network (via Windows, I mean. I know DLNA is a kind of sharing), no mandatory 'config' or 'info' files (standard naming conventions for the files are just enough), no rigid folder structure, no transcoding (unless I force it) and any DLNA compliant device can access the library browsing the categories or the folders. Anyway, 1.5.1 is working, by know. It fixed itself somehow, as I stated in the previous post. The next days I'll see how it behaves.

I want to clarify that my intention is not to criticize Serviio (or the developers), on the contrary, I am very pleased with Serviio and really appreciate the effort you (ZIP) and your team has put into it ;) .
<<

hjroman

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Update: So far, the library update process (automatic and manual) is working fine (v. 1.5.1). It will remain a mystery why it did not work well at first...
Last edited by hjroman on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:06 am

Also an FYI for you. A new version is being tested to resolve file update issues. Should be out fairly soon.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

DarkPallys

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:10 am

I'm having the same problem.. hope this gets resolved soon.

Are there any workarounds for the auto refreshing, apart from manually clicking the force refresh button?
<<

hjroman

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:26 pm

As I said before, my problem solved itself somehow after the 'Pro' evaluation expired. Maybe it is just a coincidence but I wonder if the people that still has the problem with the library update have the Pro Edition.
In addition I:
1- Removed all shared folders from the library.
2- Uninstalled Serviio.
3- Deleted installation folder.
4- Reinstalled Serviio.
5- Readded shared folders to library.
<<

stoinov

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:58 am

I can confirm this behaviour - When updated to 1.5.1, the auto update feature was not working for the duration of the trial period. Once it finished, the files started to show up automatically.
I just upgraded to 1.5.2 with hopes this was fixed, but to my surprise it again failed to add couple of downloaded files automatically, after it entered in trial mode.

So I moved the clock forward, restarted the service and then moved it back to clear the trial. It did not fixed the issue tho, so I'll wayt for 2 weeks and see if there is something internal that will fix it.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:54 pm

stoinov wrote:I can confirm this behaviour - When updated to 1.5.1, the auto update feature was not working for the duration of the trial period. Once it finished, the files started to show up automatically.
I just upgraded to 1.5.2 with hopes this was fixed, but to my surprise it again failed to add couple of downloaded files automatically, after it entered in trial mode.

So I moved the clock forward, restarted the service and then moved it back to clear the trial. It did not fixed the issue tho, so I'll wayt for 2 weeks and see if there is something internal that will fix it.

I use the Pro version and have no problem with this. Just last night I added a new file and it was recognized within 10 seconds of the completion of the file transfer. I doubt the Pro difference has anything to do with it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

hjroman

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:49 am

atc98092 wrote:
stoinov wrote:I can confirm this behaviour - When updated to 1.5.1, the auto update feature was not working for the duration of the trial period. Once it finished, the files started to show up automatically.

I use the Pro version and have no problem with this. Just last night I added a new file and it was recognized within 10 seconds of the completion of the file transfer. I doubt the Pro difference has anything to do with it.

He is talking about 'Pro trial', not 'Pro'.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:34 am

hjroman wrote:
atc98092 wrote:

He is talking about 'Pro trial', not 'Pro'.

Doesn't matter. During the trial period, Serviio is running as Pro. After the trial ends, the Pro features are disabled. As long as he's in the trial period, he's using Pro as if it's been purchased and licensed.
Dan

<<

stoinov

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:21 pm

It does sound counterintuitive, but I was able to do it twice and both times I have to manually refresh. In 10 days I'll report back when the new trial expires, but I'm sure the auto-update feature will be fixed.
I just wonder if there is any log file that I can provide to help debug it. The regular log I see looks normal and nothing out of ordinary is logged.
<<

hjroman

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:44 am

Autoupdate is not working in 1.5.2 if the shared folder have 'recover metadata' checked. It worked fine in 1.4.1 and 1.5.1 (after trial expired).
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:05 pm

I just wonder if there is any log file that I can provide to help debug it.

Hi - please post a zipped up debug log (click the link for details on setting Serviio into debug mode) showing both your server starting up (this will divulge what scanner is being deployed) and when a file is added to a shared folder. If the file doesn't show up, do a forced refresh and see if that shows up. Come back to us, and please let us know the file name being added (so we can hunt for it). Remember also to restart your PC after setting debug mode.

@hjroman: does that mean files are added in folders where 'Retrieve Metadata' is not ticked? Where are you looking to see if they are added?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

hjroman

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:30 pm

DenyAll wrote:@hjroman: does that mean files are added in folders where 'Retrieve Metadata' is not ticked? Where are you looking to see if they are added?

Exactly. For shared folders without the 'metadata' ticked the file is added almost immediately to the library (without forcing). The Serviio console shows the name of such file in 'last added file', in MediaBrowser and I also find it browsing folders it in my DLNA TV. If the shared folder has 'metadata' ticked, when I add a new files it does not show up neither in 'last added file', nor MediaBrowser, nor DLNA TV, unless forced. I will setup a clean environment (virtual machine) to do more tests.
Next

Return to General discussion