FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Version 1.5.1 does not update library. Need version 1.4.1

<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Version 1.5.1 does not update library. Need version 1.4.

Very strange. Afaik, whether metadata is ticked or not should have no bearing on whether the file is added. I presume you have tested the same shared folder with both metadata ticked and unticked? Also, what type of media (video, music, images). Once you clean your environment post a detailed log and let's see if that sheds any light. Also post a screen shot of your console screen (library, shared folders).

One last thing (grasping at straws) - I note you are assigning drives A and B to your USB drives. These used to be exclusively for floppies in old versions of Windows - I wonder if this is causing grief somehow. Perhaps try them as different drives? Long shot I know....
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

stoinov

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:40 pm

Ok guys, I have a good news and a bad news - Serviio now works as expected, but I was not able to get that log file you asked. What I did was this:

I enabled DEBUG mode, and decided to make it simpler by leaving just a simple directory with one file in it, to prevent the initial scanning. When I did that, I was not able to reproduce the issue. I then reverted the initial folder with tens of files in it, and again - the issue was resolved. Now the files show up 1-2 seconds after they show up in the folder.

Another thing i noticed, the forwarding on my TV and my iPad is way faster. It used to take almost a second to generate the next forward frame, now it generates like 3 frames per second.

Not sure if these are related in any way, but it's what I can report after removing and readding the folder (local on my PC). I'll report back when the new version comes if the issue comes up again.
<<

cschuett

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:57 pm

FYI, this issue still exists. I am using v1.6 and had an identical experience with an external HD. Turned off metadata fetching and they immediately updated the library. Before doing that, it was almost impossible to get new files added without deleting the location from the library and re-adding.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Report back after 1.6.1 (due soon). The next version will try a secondary online metadata source if the first fails. See if that helps.
ps. Once you've deleted the share from the library and re-added it, does it update normally after that?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

the_hamburger

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:01 pm

This may or may not be the same problem, but its similar.

Recent Unwatched has stopped updating.

Files are added no problem in Last Added , but then after watching they are not removed from Recent Unwatched.

I'm happy to do any test suggested as this was a very useful feature!

Ver 1.9
OSX Sierra
<<

Rapid

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:30 pm

The problem is still exists in version 1.9.1.
I have a Synology DS214play and the library stopped updating automatically when Serviio updated from 1.9 to 1.9.1.
Even with force refresh was impossible to add new files.
I unticked the metadata and now the library is refreshing normally.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:49 am

Try narrowing it down - add your movies folder back in, then your TV shows etc. Could be one file is causing the updater to freak.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Previous

Return to General discussion