FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ON screen navigation

<<

sanddoc

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:38 am

ON screen navigation

I came across Serviio by accident, I was searching for a way to stream my MacBook to my Sony TV
and I can not use Airplay and I don't have AppleTV.
The install was just so easy, way better then another software I had tried, but I don't like the
way the (material) is displayed on the TV screen.
I don't like having to navigate down two or three folders to find the movie I want
on my Laptop I have everything if folders by Actors name and that's how I'd like to see it on the TV
something like this.
click on Movie folder and all my titled folders would be there, then and click and all
the movie titles would be there...
I tried modifying the presentation panel, but that does not seem to be working, as under video I only have
titles highlighted, but again many other folders appear..
is there a work around for this...
I know I am using the "Free" version, but I would hate to buy the more commercial version and still have a problem
"its a problem to me"...
that was the great concept behind the Ipod, (never owned one) but Mr. Jobs inststed that there only be
3 movements to get to your song....
I hope someone can assist me.
One other thing is the wording for some of the functions on the console. remember 80% + of us out here
are not technical and don't understand what somethings do...
Best
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:34 am

Re: ON screen navigation

If you are using the TV DLNA functionality to access Serviio, there's nothing that can be done by Serviio to change the way titles are displayed. All the Serviio presentation panel controls is what information is available to the player. Your Sony TV is in complete control of how the information is presented on screen.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to General discussion