FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Second NIC

<<

DetroitDaemon

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:43 pm

Second NIC

I have Serviio installed on Windows Home Server. The servers backup function interferes with video streaming. I have installed a second NIC, but it is 100mbs rather than gigbit. My purpose was to stream over the gigbit network while using the additional NIC for all other functions. Unfortunatley, all traffic now defaults to the 100mbs card. I can't find any option to direct WHS traffic.

Is there possibly a startup paramenter to direct Serviio to a specifc NIC?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Second NIC

DetroitDaemon wrote:I have Serviio installed on Windows Home Server. The servers backup function interferes with video streaming. I have installed a second NIC, but it is 100mbs rather than gigbit. My purpose was to stream over the gigbit network while using the additional NIC for all other functions. Unfortunatley, all traffic now defaults to the 100mbs card. I can't find any option to direct WHS traffic.

Is there possibly a startup paramenter to direct Serviio to a specifc NIC?

yes in the console you can assign the NIC to bind to just set that as IP of the GB nic :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

DetroitDaemon

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:56 am

Re: Second NIC

Too unbelievably obvious. Should have known Serviio would have this covered. Great product.

Return to General discussion