FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Streaming an IP camera to Samsung TV

<<

woodsie

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 07, 2018 4:39 pm

Streaming an IP camera to Samsung TV

Hi, I have Serviio on my Mac and I can view pictures and photos on my Samsung "Smart TV" but I am haveing trouble displaying streamed content from my H264 IP camera. I can view the content on my ipad but thought it would be nice on the tv.
I navigated Serviio to Library/Online Sources but cannot seem to get the URL syntax right. I have selected Source type-Live stream and Media type-Video. Whatever I type into the Source URL results in an error message after abt 60 seconds after hitting the Check stream URL button. ! "The stream URL is not valid or is not currently available"
My basic input is rtsp://UserId:Password@192.168.1.10:8899
(this address and port combination works with my ipad)
i presume I need some additional parameters but I am at a loss.

I have saved the incorrect details and it shows up on the list, but if I go to the Serviio Online folder on the tv there is "no content"

Any ideas?
<<

radmege

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:45 am

Re: Streaming an IP camera to Samsung TV

I had a similar problem and after a lot of troubleshooting found the solution. The URL works fine in VLC but servio kept failing. The reason is serviio EXPECTS the url is already URL encoded, so any special characters in the passsword must be URL encoded when entering them in this URL box. For example, if your password is "secre+123" then the URL encoded form is "secre%2B123" and your URL should be rtsp://UserId:secre%2B123@192.168.1.10: ... /Channel/1. Hopefully this will save some future person some pain. Good luck!
<<

lagunaa

Serviio lover

Post Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:19 am

Re: Streaming an IP camera to Samsung TV

radmege wrote:The reason is serviio EXPECTS the url is already URL encoded, so any special characters in the passsword must be URL encoded when entering them in this URL box.

You could raise an enhancement request at https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/issues.
Cheers.

Return to General discussion