FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Noob Question

<<

nes4r2

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Noob Question

Hi guys I am new here and I was recommended this software as a alternative to Samsung All Share and I love it all the plug ins available make this so sweet but I have one quick question. Is there a way or an option or mod or plugin available to servio where I am able to automatically send/command servio via my PC to play this movie to my TV? For example in Samsung all share there is a quick right click option when navigating through your media folders to "Play in this Device" and usually your TV is the option in my case my Samsung TV show up and as soon as I hit the option to play my TV automatically starts playing the movie without having to queue up the movie via the TV's own All-share app and instead I am sending the command to play it with my PC with the Servio application.

Also sorry mods if I am asking in the wrong thread.
<<

Antonio

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:06 am

Re: Noob Question

Is there a way or an option or mod or plugin available to servio where I am able to automatically send/command servio via my PC to play this movie to my TV?

The answer is no...
Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:58 am

Yes, you have to use a "DLNA Media Controller" with "Play to" function. (Serviio does not implement this, its only a DLNA media server)
For example, the INTEL dev Upnp Tool: AV Media Controller implement this feature.
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

nes4r2

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Illico wrote:Yes, you have to use a "DLNA Media Controller" with "Play to" function. (Serviio does not implement this, its only a DLNA media server)
For example, the INTEL dev Upnp Tool: AV Media Controller implement this feature.

Thanks not sure if I understand since I am a dummy but just install intel UPNNP tool? Also I found this and any recommendations?.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UPnP_AV_media_servers_and_clients#Microsoft_Windows

Return to General discussion