FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio Online sources problem

<<

baspinall

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Serviio Online sources problem

Ok, first of I am very green to this. I'm having issues trying to use the online portion of Serviio. I downloaded all the plugins and put them in the serviio plugin folder. I have added a few URL's and added them to the online source section. When I go to my Samsung TV and open Serviio up nothing shows up under the online folder. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but darned if I can figure it out. The three urls I tried were Twitch TV, Youtube & Pubfilms.

TIA - Brian
<<

baspinall

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Re: Serviio Online sources problem

Forgot to mention I am using Windows 8.1
<<

baspinall

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:59 am

Hmmm guess I'll seek my info somewhere else.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Without any details on what you did, one can only suggest that you did not do it correctly. What help were you expecting?
<<

baspinall

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Trying to stream online websites to my Samsung. I have copied URL's over to the "online source" library section. I checked off the video boxes. I didn't change any other information on the other tabs. Here are the URL's I copied over.

http://www.twitch.tv/cellardoor

http://www.youtube.com

http://movie.pubfilmno1.com/

I trying listing them as web resource & live stream. I downloaded a list of plugins (groovy files) that included twitch and youtube. I assume Pubfilms can't be used this way because it does not have a plugin but don't know?
When I access Serviio on my TV the online folder say's "No video files found on the connected device".
<<

baspinall

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:57 am

Not sure what other details to add ?
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Not specific enough. Exactly step by step what you typed in what boxes, a what you clicked etc. How else can I find your errors.
For sure the youtube url won't work. It needs to follow the rules in the first post of the plugin thread.
<<

stefana888

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:59 pm

Don't take the sticky plugin collection. It is outdated and should be removed. Search all other plugin threads and read the instructions in the first thread post. Note that plugin Url's are in specific formats.
<<

sk50o

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:21 am

Hi,
I also have Online sources not working.
I have tried to get it working on Windows 8.1 and Windows XP with the same results. It doesn't work.
I have put all the groovy files in the plugins folder and "CNN.groovy" is one of them.
In the console, Library tab, then Online sources tab, "Enter details of online source" dialog I select source type as "Online RSS/Atom feed" then next to "Source URL"
I enter "http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_freevideo.rss" (it works in RSS reader)then I named it "TEST". On the Sony blu ray player I can go to the item marked Serviio. When I then go to "Online" folder and click on "TEST" item it then returns "No playable file". I have tried this with Youtube and others with the same results.
Also when I use "PluginsTest.bat" I get ""Testing "C:\Program Files\Serviio\plugins\CNN.groovy" plugin"
The system cannot find the path specified.
Press any key to continue . . ."
Is there something I'm missing?
<<

stefana888

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:23 am

Probably the CNN plugin is outdated. Test bat is for code, not content. Youtube should work if you get it from the original source and follow the instructions.

Return to Video streams