FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Online Sources - Import and Export

<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Online Sources - Import and Export

Can the Import/Export options on the Library/Online Sources page be used to transfer the streaming links from one user to another?

How does it work?
If an exported list is imported does it add to an existing list (or overwrite it) and if so what happens to duplicates?

I have 27 (now 47) working live/audio radio stations (plus another 20 working BBC local stations (I have two working) that I could not be bothered to add).
I am on a roll now.

Does anyone have a list of working radio stations (live/audio) to share?
Or can you point me to other relevant posts.
Finding the streaming URL links seems to be a problem and getting ones that work even more difficult.
I can share mine if any user is interested.
Last edited by Paul C on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Re: Online Sources - Import and Export

The import/export function should work for sharing online sources from from Serviio installation to another. All the export file contains is XML code to populate the necessary fields in the Serviio console. If it works for one Serviio install it should work for any other.

I've never used it, but my guess would be that it importing would add to whatever you already have. I don't know if it checks for an existing one that matches, so you might end up with duplicates. Can't say if export allows you to select individual entries or if it takes them all.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:08 pm

I have exported from one library/machine and imported to another library/machine.
Simple and fast.
Import adds to existing entries (but best to backup the receiving machine first if you have other entries).

Subsequent imports may create duplicates as there is no key especially if the "id" number has changed.

I shall be setting up Serviio for a colleague soon (another paid user I will ensure) so I will give export/import another try.
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:00 am

I have logged the Export/Import issues in Serviio Support with a view to changes being requested in next version see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24390
<<

ishikaa

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 25, 2021 6:01 am

Paul C wrote:I have exported from one library/machine and imported to another library/machine.
Simple and fast.
Import adds to existing entries (but best to backup the receiving machine first if you have other entries).

Subsequent imports may create duplicates as there is no ome key especially if the "id" number has changed.

I shall be setting up Serviio for a colleague soon (another paid user I will ensure) so I will give export/import another try.

I have done the export efficiently.
But. is there preloaded RRS feeds available for SHOUTcast music genres on a site? If anybody knows the tell me please. Thanks.

Return to Audio streams