FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Huge playback/library bug

<<

LGstudio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Huge playback/library bug

I am using Serviio on a Synology DS413j NAS. It is fantastic, except one thing. The files from the last library scan are unplayable.

By unplayable I mean that I am unable to pause/FF/rewind on every single player I have tried (Sony Bravia, AB Cryptobox DVR, Kodi on Windows, ...). Also just after a few minutes the audio and the video goes asynchronous and I am unable to sync them again. (I used to do it by pause then play again, this helps).
(It is easy to spot in the movie list, if the file is in this faulty mode. On my Sony TV, the video length is missing from the list, and on other players the indicated file size is usually way too small.)

Here is how it misbehaves:
I copy some new files on my NAS, Serviio scans the library and I see the new files on the list but their playback is faulty as described previously. I can restart the NAS, restart the service, rescan the library, nothing helps (neither time solves the problem). The only thing solves this problem is to put a newer file into the library folder, and press rescan again. After this my previous files work 100%, and this new file has the playback problems.

Can somebody tell me what is going on here? Does this thing happening with anyone else or it is just me?
I am having this trouble for 3 years now and it is bugging me more then ever. Please help! :D
Using: Serviio on Synology DS413j and Sony Bravia KDL-46HX800.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Huge playback/library bug

What method are you using to scan your library? Try the Poller method if not already using it.
http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=lib ... _mechanism. If you are using try extending the poller time out to 5 minutes.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

ami289

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: Huge playback/library bug

Hi LGstudio.

You say that you have this issue for 3 years.
What version of Serviio are you currently running?

Also, it would be helpful if you'd post a debug log.

Cheers.

Return to Serviio Support & Help