FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Server won't disconnect from Roku Media Player

<<

scottrobik

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Server won't disconnect from Roku Media Player

I've been using the Serviio media server in conjunction with the Roku media player. I want to be able to "disconnect" the media server from the play, but no matter what I do the server still shows as connected. I have quit/stopped the server. Uninstalled the server from the home laptop that I've hosed to host it. Restarted the Roku media player as well as rebooted the Roku device to no avail. No matter what I do the server still show in the device list of the Roku media player. Please can someone tell me how to disconnect/remove the server? Thank you.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:14 am

Re: Server won't disconnect from Roku Media Player

There is no saved connection between the Roku and Serviio. When Roku Media Player is started, it searches your network for any DLNA media server. If none are found, you won't see anything in RMP. If Serviio is running, it will always appear. But there's no connection between the two (other than the original search) until you access the DLNA server and start browsing for media and select something. Roku has no internal storage that remembers what servers have been connected in the past. It only lists what is available at the time.

What exactly are you attempting to do? If you don't want Serviio to be listed as an available source, you can disable the DLNA server function on the Serviio console on the Status tab at the bottom. But then Serviio isn't available to anything else on your network either.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: Server won't disconnect from Roku Media Player

I just finished reading your post on the Roku forum, and you offered some additional info.

There is no reason to "remove" Serviio from RMP. You can run multiple DLNA media servers on the same computer without issue, as long as they use different ports. I've had several running at the same time on my Windows PC without issue before. If you don't want to use Serviio at all any more, then just uninstall it. If you're just testing a different brand, go ahead and install it alongside Serviio. Unless it tries to use the same port, they won't interfere with each other.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help