FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

new router or new version now disconnecting

<<

slreno

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 pm

new router or new version now disconnecting

sorry guys but i am a newbie at this, i have been using serviio for about 6 months now and it has worked flawless up till now so i never ever had to mess with it.. and i am not sure if it is new version i just downloaded or the new router causing it..i got them both about the same time. i will be watching a movie and it will just disconnect and serviio will dissapear from tv (55es7500 samsung) ... all i have done different is install the newest version and got a new cisco e4200.. the router i had before was a netgear wndr 3400.. i am using no firewalls on the host pc..again nothing has changed but router and version of serviio..
sorry if you ask for logs can you please tell me how? i have been to the install folder and found some logs and such but not sure what you need to see to help me.
thanks
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Re: new router or new version now disconnecting

you can try to get 1.1 download links somewhere and try with that to rule out the new version causing this
<<

slreno

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:45 pm

ok i have reinstalled serviio 1.1 and it is still doing it.. so i am assuming it has to be the new router. but i am not sure what setting would do it? i have the tcp and udp port forwarded like it says on the minimum requirements page. i have the ports forwarded to my tv's ip address would this be correct? or do i need to forward ports to the server pc running serviio?
the router does have firewall turned on but i would think forwarding the ports should fix that.. i have tried turning windows firewall on and off and still same thing..in fact windows firewall has an exception in it list for serviio.
the router has upnp turned on. i am just baffled what other setting it could be.

only difference is the new router i have (cisco e4200) is a much better router than the netgear wndr 3400... in fact maybe thats the problem? maybe the cisco has ports or something locked down much better?
<<

slreno

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:35 pm

have restarted service and changed to debug logging guess well see if it logs whats happening.
<<

slreno

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:47 pm

obviously did something wrong.. changed "info" to "debug" and didnt get a debug log..
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Do you still have the old router to test with it?
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:24 am

I purchased a e4200 awhile back when i was looking at upgrading to N and I honestly didn't have much success with it. I couldn't get it to connect reliably enough to stream video. I ended up taking it back. are both the server and client hard wired by chance?
<<

slreno

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:57 pm

nope old router is gone..and not sure it is a intermittent connection with the router because netflix works just fine..
anyone?
no neither is hardwired.. but it worked fine before this router, it has to be a setting somewhere..
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:09 pm

there is a big difference in the amount of network errors that netflix can handle as opposed to streaming from serviio. netflix streaming can tolerate alot more errors.

It also is most likely compounding the issue since you have both the server and client on wireless... is it possible to hardwire your server and or client into your router for testing?
<<

slreno

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:18 pm

ok just tested this using my directv receiver, which is pulling the same video stream from my server which is wireless and worked just fine. no discconects at all. but the directv receiver is hardwired to the router via a ??? i forget what there called but it is a eterhrnet connection directly to router or switch (i forget which one it goes to) that supplies network to directv receivers via the coax cable via a ethernet connection to what all tyhe cables hook to. in other words all the coax cables going to each receiver has network and internet on them via this special box directv supplied.
but anyway if i play a stream movie from my server pc through the hard wired directv receiver it plays fine! but will not through my tv which is wireless! but it did fine before? i am baffled.
i can but hate to run cables to the tv to hardwire it.
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:31 pm

sounds like you are hitting pretty much the same issue I was when I had the e4200.. unstable wireless.

may want to try a firmware upgrade, maybe they fixed the wireless issues in a new build.
<<

slreno

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:00 pm

just thought i would try something for the heck of it.. first off i have tried every setting known to man! hehehe no luck.. i installed allshare and it works perfectly. no disconnects what so ever. and its wireless. i would rather use serviio but i cannot for the life of me figure out why it is disconnecting? anything i am missing here to get this to work?
<<

slreno

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:59 pm

ummm ok wait a minute.. i just seen a new version of serviio and am trying it now, the problem seems to be fixed! hope i am not speaking to soon but no disconnects yet and it is now showing my ip and the name of my adaptor as being bound.. before i had to manually enter my ip because it wouldnt bind auto..

nevermind spoke to soon, just disconnected. oh well.
<<

blase

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:00 am

yo también estoy sufriendo el mismo problema y no he actualizado el router solo el serviio.

Voy a probar la nueva versión si no volveré a la 1.1

----------------------------------------------------

I too am suffering the same problem and I have not updated the router only serviio.

I will try the new version if not return to the 1.1
<<

slreno

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:31 am

ohhh wow. it couldnt have been that easy. i fixed it. it seems it was as simple as changing channels to 11 and 157... works like a charm now ...sorry for this long thread for such a simple fix.
<<

blase

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Disculpa no entiendo la solución, puedes ser un poco mas gráfico. Vamos que nos digas en donde has cambiado esos parámetros

----------------------------------------------

Sorry I do not understand the solution, can be a little more graphic. Come tell us where you change these parameters
<<

slreno

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:49 pm

i changed the channels of the wireless router in the settup. 2.4 ghz to 11 and the 5ghz to 157
guess it could have been any sort of interference, from neighbors, wireless phones, cell phones, anything!
<<

blase

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 pm

OK, ahora lo entiendo. Pero yo el problema lo tengo sobre cable y no sobre wifi

-----------------------

OK, now I understand. But I the problem I have on cable and not on wifi

Return to Serviio Support & Help