FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone else's ffmpeg die at random with online resources????

<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 am

Anyone else's ffmpeg die at random with online resources????

I get this problem with ffmpeg dying/stopping/closing(????) midstream with online resources.

I see this happening regardless of whether serviio is involved or not, or if I run ffmpeg manually after digging out the stream from the playlists.

I see this happening with all online video resources but never on audio web stuff.
It happens irregularly: there's no real pattern beyond random on how long ffmpeg stays up or not.
It happens exactly the same using ffmpeg 1.1.2 on OpenIndiana (Sort of Solaris), or 1.1 on Windows Xp or Vista, or 1.1.1 on Ubuntu 12.10 with updates as of yesterday morning.

The only constant thing is my general network environment.

So I'm asking has anybody else seen this??? I know the old rtmpdump thingie restarted it's download a configurable number of times on stream interruptions, so it is probably not unknown...
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

Swehawk

Serviio lover

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: Anyone else's ffmpeg die at random with online resources

A bit late, but anyway....
I don't know if it's caused by ffmpeg stopping/closing, but I experience random interrupts playing online content (SVT Play). When this happens I have to start all over from the beginning, which is quite tedious if it happens towards the end of the show :x In some cases the playback is interupted at exactly the same spot the second time. Luckily Pirateplay saves the day att these occations ;) After Seviio 1.2 it seems like every show gets interrupted.

Guess I should turn on detailed logging to see what's really going on! Any other suggestions?

Return to Serviio Support & Help