Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Lost serviio-console access and notification area icon

I just upgraded my serviio to 1.4.1.2 now. When I first installed it it seemed to launch OK from desktop launchers.
The console came up OK and the server was started. I went to correct my shares etc so that I could include the old original libraries in the newer serviio and when done the restarting for the file sharing serviio does not behave the same. I am not able to access the console to add the libraries as there is no icon in the notification area.

The only way I can start the server in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS XFCE4 is to add it to the applications autostart list. When the console was available, I could stop and start the server from it; however since the latest changes & updates I seemed to have lost the console access.

Under the older version I could start and stop all using launchers from my own user desktop, now I have to do a kill process to stop the server and reboot the machine to start it.

If I try to launch the console using my desktop launcher under my own userID I get multiple errors and it quits; If I launch it from a terminal window with sudo and the full path name to the console script it does launch and both server and console are seen as processes running using ps -A |grep serviio. However, there is no notification icon to allow me to open the console window and make changes to the libraries.

serviio root base = /usr/local/share/programs/serviio-1.4.1.2/

Error when launching under my userID:

userID@hostname:/usr/local/share/programs/serviio-1.4.1.2/bin$ /usr/local/share/programs/serviio-1.4.1.2/bin/serviio-console.sh

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/local/share/programs/serviio-1.4.1.2/log/serviio.log (Permission denied)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:210)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:294)
at org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.setFile(RollingFileAppender.java:207)
at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:165)
at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:307)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.java:295)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByName(DOMConfigurator.java:176)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByReference(DOMConfigurator.java:191)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseChildrenOfLoggerElement(DOMConfigurator.java:523)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseRoot(DOMConfigurator.java:492)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parse(DOMConfigurator.java:1001)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:867)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:773)
at org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.selectAndConfigure(OptionConverter.java:483)
at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:127)
at org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory.getLogger(Log4jLoggerFactory.java:73)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:242)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:254)
at org.serviio.console.ServiioConsole.<clinit>(ServiioConsole.java:56)
Running it as SUDO

userID@hostname:/usr/local/share/programs/serviio-1.4.1.2/bin$ sudo /usr/local/share/programs/serviio-1.4.1.2/bin/serviio-console.sh
[sudo] password for userID:

userID@hostname:/usr/local/share/programs/serviio-1.4.1.2/bin$ ps -A|grep serviio
2930 ? 00:00:00 serviio.sh
3173 ? 00:00:00 serviio-console

BOTH PROCESSES RUNNING but NO notification area icon to access the console.

Any suggestions would be a help, thanks