FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to customize the MediaBrowser

<<

s3w

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:52 pm

How to customize the MediaBrowser

Hi,

what ist the best way to customize the MediaBrowser? I just installed the newest version of serviio on my Mac and found out that the settings under Apperance in the console have no effect to the MediaBrowser in Firefox. I want to use it on an iPhone and i want to cut out the Images-Button because the space on an iphone Screen is small and i don't need to view images through serviio.

Any ideas? Best regards, Oliver.
<<

mathieu.r

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:36 am

Re: How to customize the MediaBrowser

Hi,

I'll be interested too to custom the Mediabrowser interface, especially to hide some folders than I don't need (Pictures, Music) and some folders in Videos (Directors, Actors...).

Thanks for your help.

Mathieu.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:04 pm

The MediaBrowser cannot be customized.
<<

crapcbm

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:01 pm

Why can't this be customized?

I searched the folders for known file types but didn't find anything...

Before I paid for the license I didn't have a chance to test it.
There is a lot of room for improvement and changes needed to appear on some of my screens.

It's a bit disappointing (also the often not found or wrong posters and descriptions of films or episodes...)

Ich dachte, nach all diesen Versionen wäre das ausgereift gewesen.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:15 pm

crapcbm wrote:Why can't this be customized?

I searched the folders for known file types but didn't find anything...

Before I paid for the license I didn't have a chance to test it.
There is a lot of room for improvement and changes needed to appear on some of my screens.

It's a bit disappointing (also the often not found or wrong posters and descriptions of films or episodes...)

Ich dachte, nach all diesen Versionen wäre das ausgereift gewesen.

The Serviio developer simply used an available product to offer the browser function. This isn't some large company with numerous developers. It's one person that still has a real life. Incorrect metadata info comes from either not naming the file to match the Internet database (themoviedb.com) or the online database contains errors. I have seen the latter, and since they offer a free user account that allows editing the database, I've cleaned up a few with inaccurate info.

All that said, MediaBrowser is written in Java, and all the code is within JAR files. If you are comfortable opening and editing those jar files, it is possible to make changes to the Mediabrowser interface. Just be aware that doesn't provide you with any way to make changes to the local database that Serviio uses (where the metadata and library info are stored). Again, to save costs the developer used a single user version of the Derby database, and as long as the Serviio service is running you cannot connect to the database using a separate application. I have used a SQL database GUI to look inside the Derby database, but even with the minor experience I have with relational databases I'm not going to try messing with anything in there.

When you install Serviio you get a 15 day trial period with full Pro access, so you should have been able to test what you wanted within that amount of time. If you have files that are not getting the correct metadata from the online database, take a look at your file naming pattern and see if there's something you can improve. https://www.serviio.org/index.php?optio ... icle&id=12
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help