FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Scan media

<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:24 pm

Scan media

Hello,

It seems that the new serviio version 1.5 is not refreshing my media automatic anymore. With the latest version of 1.4 it seems to work fine.

I have added a few new tv series and a few hours later it is not in the serviio database. When I refresh the media with I push of the button it's ok.

I run Windows 2012 R2 server and serviio is running as service with the correct user.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: Scan media

Are your files stored locally on that server? What is the file path you're sharing?

Can you post detailed log of the server startup as well pls?
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:49 pm

The files are stored on my nas. I use the complete share path: \\nas\video

Everything works ok but only the automatic scan for new media files.

On 1.4 I could choose the rescan time, this seems to be gone in 1.5? What's the default rescan time?
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm

There is no timer. Release 1.5 of Serviio includes a new Library Scanning scheme - see http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=lib ... _mechanism. When a media file is added to, deleted from, or renamed within your shared folders, Serviio will now detect the change and update the Serviio library automatically. No more waiting for a timer - add a media file to a shared folder and it appears in your library near instantaneously.

As zip suggested, post a detailed log so he can see what is happening.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Last night my download client has downloaded a new episode. This one has finished at 5:58 and has copied the file to my video folder. This video folder is one of the folders from the serviio library. When i check the log file of serviio, this episode has not been found!

I have tested some stuff. When i`m adding a file to the video folder when i logged on to the server, serviio finds the file directly and add this one to the library. When i add a file from another pc to the video folder serviio does nothing.

I can`t post any log where it is going wrong.

edit: debug log is on, testing now. Will update this post when i have any information
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:16 pm

For where you are using a download client or torrent client....
This may help, and also help explain what is happening: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18183

When i add a file from another pc to the video folder serviio does nothing.
how are you doing that when not logged into the server? Not sure.... need to see the log.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:24 pm

I use SickBeard. This tool searches for my series and when he finds a serie on usenet he will send a nzb file to sabnzbd (downloads client). Sabnzbd will download this series and SickBeard will rename the files and moves this to the correct folder.

I just realised that SickBeard is running on my nas and is renaming the files. The nas is also the shared folder but it looks like serviio can't find any changes files when this is done by the nas it self.

Serviio is running on my Windows 2012 server. When SickBeard has renamed and copied the files on my nas serviio does nothing...

I think I have found the problem with the above explaining. Can I schedule a library scan with a batch file?
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Try having it download to a folder that is not in your Serviio shared folder or sub folder. Then rename/move the completed download to the correct folder.

Can I schedule a library scan with a batch file?
you should be able to set up a Windows Task Schedule to periodically run the .exe file from the topic I referred to above.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:51 pm

I can access my files with a webdav client. When i delete a file from the video folder serviio must remove this file from the library. But nothing happends.

It seems like the new function does not work correctly. For now I will create a scheduled task for refreshing the library.
<<

DaFerociousBeast

Serviio lover

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:45 am

I think DenyAll has a good idea. Could be the automatic renaming messing the refresh up.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:17 am

Martijn085 wrote:When i delete a file from the video folder serviio must remove this file from the library. But nothing happens.
For me deletes have been pretty much instantaneous, but have a look at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18171&p=97371&hilit=delete#p97371. zip is still awaiting further info in that thread now that 1.5 is out....

I presume a forced refresh removes the deleted file from the library? A detailed log showing the period when the file is added (via sabnzbd), renamed (via SickBeard ), and (once added to the library via a forced refresh) deleted would help immensely. Please note the times (in case there is nothing in the log, the times everything happens helps pinpoint what else was happening).

DaFerociousBeast wrote:Could be the automatic renaming messing the refresh up.
Something strange is happening - there have been a few cases of this. If you rename a file normally it works - I'm going to do some more testing....
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:01 am

DenyAll wrote:
Martijn085 wrote:When i delete a file from the video folder serviio must remove this file from the library. But nothing happens.
For me deletes have been pretty much instantaneous, but have a look at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18171&p=97371&hilit=delete#p97371. zip is still awaiting further info in that thread now that 1.5 is out....

I presume a forced refresh removes the deleted file from the library? A detailed log showing the period when the file is added (via sabnzbd), renamed (via SickBeard ), and (once added to the library via a forced refresh) deleted would help immensely. Please note the times (in case there is nothing in the log, the times everything happens helps pinpoint what else was happening).

DEBUG logging is on. At the time that the sabnzbd download has finished, serviio find no changes in the log at that time, there`s nothing logged.

DenyAll wrote:
DaFerociousBeast wrote:Could be the automatic renaming messing the refresh up.
Something strange is happening - there have been a few cases of this. If you rename a file normally it works - I'm going to do some more testing....

Renaming does not run on the video folder that serviio knows. The renaming with SickBeard is processing into another folder, afther renaming the files are moved to the video folder that serviio knows. So renaming shouldn,t be the problem.
<<

zip

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:37 pm

Ok, I've created a ticket to deal with unsupported delta scan: https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... ed-refresh
Will probably come after 1.5.1
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:39 pm

Thanks everybody and thanks zip for creating the ticket.
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 pm

I have installed the new version 1.5.1

Changelog:
added serviio.libraryPollerFrequency system property for controlling the timeout of POLLER frequency
added serviio.forceLibraryPoller system property for forcing the usage of POLLER library scanner; ticket #849

Can i set any time for rescan my folders like in version 1.4.x? What`s default rescan time?
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:57 am

It looks like the auto scan option is not working? My new files are still not visible afther 1 day.
<<

zip

Post Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:34 pm

Can you post detailed log of starting the server and adding a file?

You have to turn POLLER forcing via the sytstem variable, it's off by default. Default time is 1 minute, you might want to change that too - via the other system variable.

http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=lib ... _mechanism
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:43 pm

The native scanner still doens`t work. My files are downloaded but will only add to the library when i manualy scan for new files. What about the old option from 1.4? Just enter the refresh time for scanning files and my problems are solved ;)

If the NATIVE scanner doesn't work for you as expected, you can force using POLLER via the serviio.forceLibraryPoller system property.

Maybe a stupid question but where can i activate the POLLER? Or where can i find the serviio.forceLibraryPoller system property?
<<

snowflake7

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:01 pm

http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43 lists the system properties and the corresponding values.
Sony XBR55X850A | Synology DS412+ DS214Play DS918+| QNAP TS-451 | Buffalo TS3400D | VM 6.5 ESXi | Server 2016, Server 2012 | Samsung Note 9
Samsung s9 | Samsung Tablets | Onkyo TX-NR656 | Sony BDP-S3700 | Multiple Harmony Hubs | Multiple Echo Devices | Firesticks | Toshiba FireTV | Sling/AirTV
Lutron Lighting and Honeywell Environmental Bridges | Amcrest 1080p Cameras
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:37 pm

snowflake7 wrote:http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43 lists the system properties and the corresponding values.

Thanks for the reply. But still don`t know what i should do to turn this option on...

If you use the Windows service to run the server edit file ServiioService.exe.vmoptions and add the property there (each property per new line)

When i open this file there is only the text: -Xmx512m, must i add -Dserviio.forceLibraryPoller=true? And how do i know if this option is enabled/working.

edit:

i added this to the file:

-Dserviio.libraryPollerFrequency=15
-Dserviio.forceLibraryPoller=true

Restarted the service but now servio console is`t starting anymore :)
Next

Return to Serviio Support & Help