I am using Serviio on Mac OS X 10.9 (Maverics). It is great but I have issues with Metadata/Preferred language option.
I found two issues:
1. metadata are not updated after changing "Preferred language"
2. when no metadata are found (in themoviedb) for selected language, original title is retrieved, regardless of "Use original title" is checked or not.
My Library settings:
Search for updates of currently shared files - ON
Keep library automatically updated - ON
- Online metadata sources
- Retrieve DVD cover image or poster if available - ON
- Preferred language: English
- Use original title - OFF
My test file name is "Mardock Scramble The First Compression (2010).mkv". Serviio found the right entry in themoviedb and updated local db with:
Title: Mardock Scramble: The First Compression
Basic data and description in English.
Good. Now I have changed "Prefered language" to Polski (Polish). Waited couple of minutes but the title nor description did not change. Clicking "Force refresh" in Library tab has no effect. Restarting Serviio server does not refresh the metadata. Even clicking 'Force refresh" again does not help.
I found a workaround how to force metadata to refresh by unchecking "Metadata" checkbox for specified folder and checking it again. It forces Serviio to retrieve metadata in the selected language. However when no data are found (in selected language), the original title is used (here in Japanese: マルドゥック・スクランブル 圧縮) including the basic metadata but with no description (which does exist in themoviedb.org).
My questions are:
- could you fix refreshing metadata after changing "Preferred language"?
- would it possible to retrieve a movie title and all the data in English, if no metadata exist in themoviedb? It should only work when "Use original title" is not selected, otherwise get all metadata in original language. Also get all metadata in original language if they do not exist in English.
Could it be possible?
Thanks again for the great application!