FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows 10 client only showing half my folder

<<

Ristana

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Windows 10 client only showing half my folder

Hi Guys,

Ok so I have serviio 1.5.2 on Linux server been running great for the last few months. I just updated my 2 pc's to windows 10 and when navigating through "Folders" to movies it displays half (200) of my collection. My ps3 however is getting access to all of the movies no problem. It only seems to be the windows 10 machines both display the exact same amount of movies, I tried setting up wmp 12 as a DLNA client as a work around but even though it sees the server it wont display any data at all.

I have tried permissions on the linux machine but since they were all working before the update to windows 10, I am asuming thats its win10, force refreshes doesn't do anything and rebooting the server did not help either. I have looked all over these forums and tried a few other sugested things for similar problems but those to did not work.

any help would be gratefully appreciated Thanks
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:53 am

Re: Windows 10 client only showing half my folder

Windows Media Player will show a Serviio DLNA server, but as you noticed it doesn't show anything. Not sure where the incompatibility is, but it doesn't work.

How are you accessing Serviio from your Windows computers, since it isn't using WMP? I installed Win 10 on my test Serviio box, and using Edge I have no problems with MediaBrowser. I don't usually enable Folders view, but I did turn them on and I can see everything in all three folders. Of course, I have less than 200 titles on the test server.

So, on the Windows 10 computer I opened MediaBrowser on my main server. Again, everything seems to be there. I have almost 700 movies and over 1500 TV episodes on it, so there doesn't seem to be a file count issue.

If you are using something besides MediaBrowser, please let us know so we have a better understanding of the problem.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Ristana

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:37 am

Hi and thanks for reply.

Ok sorry if I did not make myself clear. If you navigate to "This PC" under network locations is an icon for Serviio clicking that and navigating to "Folders" would bring out my 2 folders "Series and Movies". Within movies I have almost 400 folders but win 10 only displays the first 200. I setup my photograph folder on Serviio to test and in a folder of over 700 images win 10 only displays 200 items. I cant seem to get a DLNA player on windows to test with, I have tried WMP, Daum Potplayer and KM Player but the only way to get to Serviio would to be to navigate in the same fashion as above. The PS3 however only works with DLNA and it seems to find all the movies and Photographs on the server.

I did however just crash the linux server, trying to fix some other stuff. Yes I am new to Linux. Anyway in the process of rebuilding the linux server now so I will re install Serviio and see if it comes right. Will post back when I'm done.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:57 pm

OK, now I see. I tried this on my Win 10 box with the same result.

My guess is that this method of access is still some sort of functionality based on WMP. I'm surprised that any files appear, since WMP doesn't show anything.

Since you are playing on a computer, my suggestion is to bypass Serviio (it really doesn't provide any functionality here) and simply play the videos directly from the share. Serviio is designed to stream to a playback device via DLNA, and provide transcoding if necessary. Using a computer, you don't need the DLNA function, and transcoding isn't necessary either with the proper codecs installed.

VLC would be an ideal player for your computer, and as I said DLNA isn't necessary to use it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Ristana

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Thanks again for the help.

I have just finished getting around to rebuilding the linux machine again and all is working except that it still only displays 200 items when navigating through the folders.

I am aware of the pc's do not need the DLNA support, I am streaming to my Ps3 that is why I have Serviio as I have found it working better then WMP. I am struggling with setting up file sharing on the linux machine, something I did not worry about before as in Win 8.1 and win 7 the pc's would pick up all my movie folders from Serviio 1.5.2. It is only since the upgrade to windows 10 that the pc's only display 200 items at most, which is abit annoying. I thought that maybe thier was something I was missing but apparently not.

Thanks for the help, I will just have to fight to get the file sharing working
<<

pepa.sajdler

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Samba, there's a ton of manuals how to set it up on the internet (although I've been struggling a bit with anonymous shares on v4+ on a virtual server [win homegroup shares vs android problems]).

The 200 limit seems to be Win issue, though I can't be sure.

Odesláno z mého A0001 pomocí Tapatalk
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:26 pm

yes, sounds like Win 10 client limits itself to 200 folder items via DLNA.
<<

egghead

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:07 am

I had a problem with Serviio where it did not show all my movies in my library (I have a total of approx 3700 spread over two 3Gb hdd's. I think I have finally solved the problem. I created 3 or 4 new folders on each of the movie drives, and divided the movies at about 500 into each folder. Now Serviio finds all my movies. I have windows 10.

Return to Serviio Support & Help