FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Folder Images

<<

msfaulk

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Folder Images

I'm using Serviio 1.6. I have my TV shows in folders named whatever the show is. Some of the shows have correct folder art and some just have a generic folder image. I tried placing a .jpg file in the folders named the same as the folder, but it still has the generic folder image. I have refreshed the library and re-scanned metadata. There are no other files in folders, just other folders for each season. Am I doing something wrong with naming the .jpg? Thanks.

Mike
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Folder Images

If you mean a real folder, ie in the Folders view, they take the image of the first (video) file found in the folder. It won't look at any jpeg for the folder - so to clarify, folders don't have any images asociated to them in the library, they get a dynamic one from the first media item found in the folder.
<<

msfaulk

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:38 pm

In the console under Metadata, there is an option to look for local DVD cover image or poster (e.g. dvdcover.jpg, movie.jpg, etc.). Where would I place such a .jpg file so that is used as the thumbnail for the first video file provided it was named the same as the first video file? Or is this even possible? What I am trying to do is when I view Serviio from my Roku I would like to see an image of the TV show like I would on Netflix or Amazon instead of a picture of a folder or a clip from the video file.

Or do I need to change the way I name the video files. Currently all series are in a folder called TV Shows. Then each series has its own folder named what the series is. Then each season has its own folder named Season 1 or whatever. Then each episode is named S1_E1, S1_E2, and so on.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:03 am

Why don't you use the Series category then? It will use the series poster art from the online databases.

http://serviio.org/index.php?option=com ... icle&id=12
<<

krishh61

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:17 pm

zip wrote:Why don't you use the Series category then? It will use the series poster art from the online databases.

http://serviio.org/index.php?option=com ... icle&id=12

Hi there,

I have been trying to figure out how to "attach" images to folders. What I want to do is to organize music files by folders - each folder representing particular band or singer, and later in that folder I have subfolders containing particular albums and MP3 files there. Basically what I have on my HDD is a folder with a name of an artists and in that folder I have subfolders containing his/hers albums. While "cover.jpg" can represents an album's image if it contains MP3 files, what should I have in the main folder of an artist (where there is no MP3 files at all, just subfolder's names) to have this artist's general image shown in the Browser window so I'd know - OK, this folder that I see here with this artist image on it have subfolders containing MP3 files of THAT artist there. I now that image named "cover.jpg" in a folder where one have MP3 files is shown as folder's graphic representation of its contents, but what should I put into main folder (what type of file etc) to have it shown in the Browser's know that it contains certain artist's albums? Now I have instead on an artist image just plane dark "folder icon" there.

Any way I could do that?
<<

truff63

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:13 am

Petr, Im new to Serviio but find it and excellent DLNA server. Im running Serviio 2.3 on a windows 10 box, serving to a Roku Ultra hooked to my tv.

I did run into one item that I'm unable to figure out. I organize my audio, video and images in folders with several files in a folder. so I may have several movie releases/sequels in a folder, family pics in folders by year, ect. I find that the metadata retrievel you have in place excellent and very helpful but one specific feature to be a bit distracting. the image you grab for a movie or tv series episode is promoted to the folder image above where the actual video file is stored, same is true with pictures. so my folders have a picture of one specific item in the folder which may or may not entirely reflect what is in the folder.

for me it would be nice to have a selection to mark shared folders as "Folder(s) has Icon Only" and the actual audio/video/image files have the thumbnail image. is that possible? i can attach settings if you need them.

fyi, i will be going PRO to support you but, right now i dont think I need any of the PRO features, I am a coffee mug collector and if you offered a coffee mug with your logo and app name I would probably get that as part of my order. just a thought.

Again, thanks for excellent software, hope to hear from you soon.
-- Tim

Return to Serviio Support & Help