FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mediabrowser does not jump to selected spot

<<

kittmaster

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:25 pm

Mediabrowser does not jump to selected spot

My entire movies and tv collection is MP4 x264. I had to reinstall and redo all of my NAS Serviio install. It is up and running ok.

In Mediabrowser when I click on the time bar and it shows the seek time of say 10 minutes.....when I clicked it the past, it jumps to 10 minutes.....instead, mediabrowser is jumping only 10 seconds...I do it again...20 seconds..it does not jump to the time I tell it to.

I've tested multiple tv shows and movies.....that I know the MP4 index is at the front of the file......I can't figure out why this is all messed up.

The computer is using the "Generic DLNA profile".

I tried with transcoding both on and off.....same issue....before I reinstalled......I had transcode set to off as I didn't need it as all my file formats are identical across all TV shows and movies.....

Any idea what is going on here?

Thx.
<<

kittmaster

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:16 pm

Re: Mediabrowser does not jump to selected spot

I found a piece of the issue, the default value of "HD" is set to "Medium" which I guess requires transcoding, I set it to "Original" and I can now seek.

The issue now I see is the player is "remembering" to keep the value at "Original" and requires I change it everytime I launch a movie.

Any ideas what can cause that? I don't see anything in the Serviio settings that tell mediabrowser what to set its value too.
<<

kittmaster

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Re: Mediabrowser does not jump to selected spot

I figured out the issue, it is under "Remote" > Set "Preferred delivery quantity" from Medium to High.

Problem solved.

Return to Serviio Support & Help