Post Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:33 pm

Serviio 1.7.1.1 not functional with any A/V device

I tried back in June to get Serviio running because Windows 7 media sharing was not working.

I installed version 1.7.1.1 just in case I was able to connect, but was again unsuccessful:

• My Sony Bravia television seems to show "Serviio" but any attempt to connect results in a kind of "timeout". I'm not sure if the Serviio I see on the Bravia is a recently created occurrence or somehow a ghost of previous connectiongs, though.
  • The Bravia never appears on the "Status" list of the Serviio Console (only my desktop computer appears; no other computer or device does. Therefore I cannot set the alternate profile because there is no device to "Edit"
  • I CAN see and play files by running the media browser from my laptop computer, which sees and plays the files

My Sony and Roku devices CAN see a few Windows Media Sharing files on other computers, but neither Serviio nor Windows Media Sharing work to my main computer.

I do have some "empty" folders and in my 2015 Chevrolet Volt I can't play podcasts unless there is at least one audio file stored on my iPod.

Is it possible that Serviio will not work if there are empty folders? I have not deployed any video files as I am an audiophile, not a videophile. If this might cause Serviio to fil, then perhaps I should find a video file somewhere.

Just a thought. Anyway, I now have 13 days left on 1.7.1.1 trial period - if I can' get it up and running this time I'll just give up on Serviio and try yet another streaming / sharing package.

It seems really odd that nobody has released a Window DLNA diagnostic program to pinpoint issues.