FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DSD support

<<

luciano.badoe

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:20 pm

DSD support

Hi,

I´m using the free version of the Serviio and I have problem to streaming my DSD files (DSF, DFF extensions) to my Cambridge Audio network player 851N via Serviio.
The metadata of the file (DSF) was streamed to the 851N but is note possible player the file.

Is this some limitation of the free version?

Kind Regards.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:50 am

Re: DSD support

I don't believe there is a playback restriction of specific file types using the Free version. I'm not familiar with DSD or your player, so can't offer specific advice for that particular issue.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

luciano.badoe

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:34 pm

The problem just occurs with DSD files. FLAC and MP3 are played normali under Serviio.

Enviado de meu XT1635-02 usando Tapatalk
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:49 am

DSF support was added in version 1.6.1. DFF has been requested - https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -libraries and here: https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -libraries, however given the limitations of that format I'm not sure it's going to get high priority (no metadata storage capability as I undertsand it), but that's for others to decide (vote for the bitbucket issues if you want higher priority).

There is no restriction for DLNA playback between the free and pro versions of Serviio. Check the file you are trying to stream against the specifications for your device, it could simply be that this file is not supported by your device (although it supports DSF files, there may be restrictions on the bitrate etc that is playable).
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

luciano.badoe

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:04 am

DenyAll wrote:DSF support was added in version 1.6.1. DFF has been requested - https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -libraries and here: https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -libraries, however given the limitations of that format I'm not sure it's going to get high priority (no metadata storage capability as I undertsand it), but that's for others to decide (vote for the bitbucket issues if you want higher priority).

There is no restriction for DLNA playback between the free and pro versions of Serviio. Check the file you are trying to stream against the specifications for your device, it could simply be that this file is not supported by your device (although it supports DSF files, there may be restrictions on the bitrate etc that is playable).

Hi,

All files that I tryed to play are OK to my player. It's Works normally by the USB para and by another DLNA servers, by I like Serviio and whant to use they for it but not sucess for now.

Enviado de meu XT1635-02 usando Tapatalk
<<

easycube

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi All, I have very similar issue ... running Serviio 1.8 free version (actually still under Evaluation License) on QNAP ... when play music on Pioneer N50A, everything is fine including DSF files ... but when try to play DSF on Sony NW-ZX2 (Android environment) I do get a message "this device cannot play this format" only. Weird, because tried serviio andoid application which can play it easy, but to be honest, that serviio app is pretty useless (except of fact it can play DSF ;-). So, something weird with this Serviio Server. Don't like it.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:50 am

easycube wrote:Hi All, I have very similar issue ... running Serviio 1.8 free version (actually still under Evaluation License) on QNAP ... when play music on Pioneer N50A, everything is fine including DSF files ... but when try to play DSF on Sony NW-ZX2 (Android environment) I do get a message "this device cannot play this format" only. Weird, because tried serviio andoid application which can play it easy, but to be honest, that serviio app is pretty useless (except of fact it can play DSF ;-). So, something weird with this Serviio Server. Don't like it.

Just because they are both Android has no bearing if a device can play something another can. It all depends on the codec support. Looking at the Sony web site (http://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman ... ifications) I don't see DSF as a supported codec. It lists AAC (Non-DRM), AIFF, ALAC, DSD, FLAC, HE-AAC, Linear PCM, MP3, WMA (Non-DRM).

I take that back, I had to see what spec DSF was, and I see it is supported by DSD, which it says is supported. What profile has Serviio selected for your player? Look on the console/status page. My guess is you should be using the generic profile, and it might have selected one of the Sony profiles in error.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

vshk

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 05, 2017 4:48 am

I have similar problem on playing dsf file. I tried another media server in the same system/music files and it works properly, so there is something wrong in the Serviio server itself or its communication with the uPnP renderer....

I would like to know if this post has been resolved and how.

Many thanks!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri May 05, 2017 3:46 pm

vshk wrote:I have similar problem on playing dsf file. I tried another media server in the same system/music files and it works properly, so there is something wrong in the Serviio server itself or its communication with the uPnP renderer....

Many thanks!

More detail needed. What are you using for a player, and what Serviio profile is assigned to that player?
Dan

<<

vshk

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 06, 2017 12:04 am

atc98092 wrote:
vshk wrote:I have similar problem on playing dsf file. I tried another media server in the same system/music files and it works properly, so there is something wrong in the Serviio server itself or its communication with the uPnP renderer....

Many thanks!

More detail needed. What are you using for a player, and what Serviio profile is assigned to that player?

Here are the details:
Media Server: Serviio on Mac OS
UPnP Client: BubbleUPnP
Player/Renderer: USB Dac supporting DoP + RaspberryPi running mpd+umpmdcli renderer
Serviio profile: Default Generic DLNA
Problem: Flac music files are working fine, only Dsf file cannot be decoded. Replacing the Serviio with another media server on Mac makes all file types work with the same settings.

Many thanks!

Return to Serviio Support & Help