Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Kodi & Movie Posters

Hi there, I have a home network where I run Kodi on various computers/devices to view media served from Serviio that I have installed on an machine running Ubuntu Server.

Kodi renders movie posters, which I imagine are also served by Serviio. On the whole these are correctly scraped from online resources (themoviedb) but I'd like to solve a problem that's bugging me. I like my movies to appear alphabetically but where a handful of films are linked (eg sequels), I like to format them as "series name - filename.xxx" (eg herbie 1 - the love bug.xxx, herbie 2 - herbie rides again.xxx etc) to keep them listed together and in order. I have added this new naming as "alternative titles" on themoviedb.org but film posters are not being picked up correctly.

Question: Is there a way to set Serviio to correctly pick up the relevant poster based on the "alternative title" created on themoviedb.org? Would this work is I deleted and updated poster cache (if so, how do I do this)? Not yet tried, but the notes on the metadata extraction page suggest that just adding the IMDB reference to the filename should do the trick - I could do this but I expect the file titles would then look a bit cluttered so I'd like to use the alternative titles if possible.

Thanks in anticipation of your help (and I hope this helps someone else too)...