FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio disconnecting after changing network interface

<<

kayteck

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Serviio disconnecting after changing network interface

Hello,
I have a Serviio 1.6.1 server running on my laptop with Windows 10 Home.
I am using it to stream videos to Kodi on my Sony Android TV and to few mobile phones and tablets.
Usually laptop is connected to my network with ethernet cable.

I am experiencing a strange problem.

When I disconnect the ethernet cable and laptop connects to network with wi-fi, i cannot see serviio server from other devices.
I have to stop and run serviio again on the laptop.
After this the server is working fine until I connect the laptop to ethernet again.
I was also trying to disconnect and connect ethernet back, but server is not visible then either.

So obviously changing network interface is causing serviio server is not visible in the network until restart after changing the interface.

I have a fixed same IP on both interfaces.

Did any of you found similar problem, and if yes, did you find any solution?

Please help.

Regards
<<

bolzass

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:01 am

Re: Serviio disconnecting after changing network interface

No idea, but perhaps UPNP announce... Have you tried waiting for a while (180secs?)?.

Sorry I can't help,
Regards
<<

kayteck

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:41 pm

Waiting is not helping... :)
Only server restart...

I do not think UPnP has anyhing to do with it as everything is in local LAN.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:16 am

If you look at the Status page on the console, then look at the bottom where it says network settings, you will see that not only does it bind to an IP address, but the adapter name is listed as well. If your new NIC is a different brand or model, it might not recognize the change and is still looking for the former NIC. In the case of a laptop, changing from wireless to Ethernet, both NICs are still in the computer, so the auto setting does not recognize your change. You can manually change the NIC setting on the console, and when you hit save you should be live on the other NIC.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

kayteck

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:41 am

There is "Automatically detected" set up.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:51 am

atc98092 wrote:You can manually change the NIC setting on the console, and when you hit save you should be live on the other NIC.
You need to do this. Automatic set up will try and detect your NIC when Serviio strats, but not when changing from wired to wireless.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

kayteck

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:31 pm

DenyAll wrote:
atc98092 wrote:You can manually change the NIC setting on the console, and when you hit save you should be live on the other NIC.
You need to do this. Automatic set up will try and detect your NIC when Serviio strats, but not when changing from wired to wireless.

Well.. I figured that out :)

Should that be happening automatically?
Some kind of automatic server restart when interface is changed?
It is a little bit of a pain in the a@@ at the moment...
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:21 am

It's automatic, but only when the service starts. It doesn't monitor the NIC once started, and for computer with more than one NIC (think wired and wireless or dual network) you wouldn't want it to randomly change which NIC it was using. So I believe you're stuck with a manual change when you switch between wireless and wired.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help