FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

1.8 PersistenceException Cannot read list of genres for medi

<<

quicksilver03

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:42 pm

1.8 PersistenceException Cannot read list of genres for medi

I've just updated a 1.7 installation to v1.8 and the library rescan is filling up the log file with an error for each media item. The error looks like this:

Code:
017-01-29 00:28:28,089 WARN  [MediaFileIndexer] Cannot update file myfile.mp4 in library because of an unexpected error. Message: Cannot read list of genres for media item 10316
org.serviio.db.dao.PersistenceException: Cannot read list of genres for media item 10316
        at org.serviio.library.dao.GenreDAOImpl.getGenresForMediaItem(GenreDAOImpl.java:291)
        at org.serviio.library.local.service.GenreService.updateGenresForMediaItem(GenreService.java:91)
        at org.serviio.library.local.service.VideoService.updateVideoInLibrary(VideoService.java:259)
        at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.MediaFileIndexer.updateMediaFile(MediaFileIndexer.java:150)
        at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.DefaultLibraryMonitor.fileUpdated(DefaultLibraryMonitor.java:65)
        at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.pipe.PipeManager$PipeProcessingConsumer.lambda$run$27(PipeManager.java:175)
        at java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Optional.java:159)
        at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.pipe.PipeManager$PipeProcessingConsumer.run(PipeManager.java:169)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'BY lower(genre.name)' at line 1
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor14.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1054)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4237)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4169)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2617)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2778)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2834)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:2156)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:2313)
        at org.serviio.library.dao.GenreDAOImpl.getGenresForMediaItem(GenreDAOImpl.java:288)
        ... 8 more

I'm running Oracle JDK 1.8.0_121 on CentOS 7.3 x64, and the database is MariaDB 10.1.20. Perhaps there's a bug in the SQL query used?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Re: 1.8 PersistenceException Cannot read list of genres for

what is MariaDB? Serviio uses Derby (enbedded), and possibly mySQL.
<<

quicksilver03

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:07 pm

zip wrote:what is MariaDB? Serviio uses Derby (enbedded), and possibly mySQL.

https://mariadb.org/about/

MariaDB is a MySQL fork which uses the same wire protocol and SQL syntax. I've successfully used it on Serviio 1.6 and 1.7, which is why I've been surprised to see those error messages.
<<

quicksilver03

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Upon further investigation, there is at least one SQL query which looks suspicious.

I have extracted the contents of the serviio.jar file (jar xf serviio.jar) and then I have run

Code:
strings org/serviio/library/dao/GenreDaoImpl.class

and in the output I can see

Code:
,Retrieving list of genres for media item %s
SELECT genre.id as id, genre.name as name FROM genre, genre_item WHERE genre.id = genre_item.genre_id AND genre_item.media_item_id = ?ORDER BY lower(genre.name)
,Cannot read list of genres for media item %s

The above query is missing a space between the question mark and the ORDER keyword, if for example the media_item_id value is 1000 then the query would become

Code:
SELECT genre.id as id, genre.name as name FROM genre, genre_item WHERE genre.id = genre_item.genre_id AND genre_item.media_item_id = 1000ORDER BY lower(genre.name)

which is not valid SQL.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:05 pm

Return to Serviio Support & Help