FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Perplexing Problem with SERVIIO Library!

<<

Morbius

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 am

Perplexing Problem with SERVIIO Library!

First, I get the same behavior on a Toshiba Smart TV, a Samsung Smart TV and my Android TV box so it doesn't seem to be a client DLNA issue.

Here is the problem. I have the complete Twilight Zone series (1959-1964) in a folder. Each season is in a separate subfolder.

When I use a DLNA client, all of the subfolders are visible. Seasons 1-4 have the expected content. When I attempt to show the contents of Season 5, I get a message like "No Applicable Media Files". All of the seasons were ripped from the same DVD using the same software on the same computer into .MKV files with the same characteristics.

I thought it might be some sort of data corruption so I ran CHKDSK with the /F and /R optionsn on all the drives in the computer. I then resynched the mirror arrays. I ran CHKDSK again. In each case, no anomalies or problems were reported by CHKDSK (logs in event viewer).

Rebooted

Problem persists.

I ran Attrib (cmd prompt) and forced all the attributes -R -H -S for the entire Twilight Zone folder

Rebooted

Problem persists.

I ran MEMTEST on the computer for 24 hours and no memory problems were reported.

Rebooted

Problem persists.

I reset the log to DEBUG and restarted the computer. Ican no longer stop/restart the serviio service as of the new release in December but that is an issue I already reported a few weeks ago. SERVIIO WinHelper is unable to stop/restart the service as well. The only way to stop or restart the service is to reboot.

So, I tried renaming the Season 5 folder. At that point, both the old and the new name show up but both are empty. I tried copying the season 5 episodes to a subfolder. Now the deleted season 5 folder shows up and the renamed season 05 (1963-1964) folder shows up and so does the NEW FOLDER that I copied all the episodes to. In the client, there is no media in the folders!

The log shows the supposedly non-existent episodes being removed (but the folder remains) and then the renamed folder and episodes being added and also the new folder with copies being added and then, inexplicably, all of the the new added entries show as being removed again - but not the folders!!!! As I do this, I keep accumulating folders.

I cleaned removed the directory NEW FOLDER with the copies of the episodes so I only have one Season 5 folder with the episodes in it.

So, I thought maybe the SERVIIO database was corrupt somehow so I uninstalled SERVIIO and removed all SERVIIO references in the registry as well as all physical files. Rebooted and reinstalled SERVIIO. It took forever to rebuild the library but then the same problem re-appears. I renamed the Season 5 file and again, both show up with no content in either.

I tried changing to the POLLIER option but when I press save, it literally takes 4-5 hours to save the change!!!

Problem persists

So, I forced the permissions from the parent folder of the media to propagate through all the subfolders and no change in symptoms!

I used VLC to at least start and play the first 30 seconds of each episode and there appear to be no corrupted episodes.

I then copied all the episodes to a USB drive formatted FAT (to remove all permissions), removed the offending folder, created a new folder and copied all the episodes back.

The problem perists.

What am I missing???

I have at least 5520 Videos in four shares in SERVIIO spread across 2 physical RAID MIRROR sets (2 x 2 Drives). Is this beyond the capability of SERVIIO?

SERVIIO is installed on the C: drive with 113GB free space. The C: DRive is on a physically different MIRROR SET than any of the SERVIIO Shares. I have 3 RAID MIRROR SET Drives in the computer.

Is there a hard limit on the of the number of videos per share? Is there a hard limit on the total number of videos.

Is there a hard limit on the minimum free space that must exist on a SERVIIO share?

Since your last release, I cannot

*Stop the SERVIIO Service
    *Restart the SERVIIO Service
    *If I hit the SAVE button in the SHARE screen to change, for instance, POLLIER option on just one share, it takes more than 3 hours (I just come back and check after I sleep overnight)
    *This stupid problem with Season 5 of The Twilight Zone has appeared.
    *There may be other "Anomalies" that I have not discovered or am aware of yet

Before the last release or maybe two, this problem did not exist!

OK, so I tried changing the logon for the SERVIIO service to NETWORK SERVICE.

The problem persists.

I uninstalled 18.1 and reinstalled 16.1 - the problem remains.

Please HELP!
<<

Psyberwolf309

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Perplexing Problem with SERVIIO Library!

Hmmm...considering I have over 26k videos, I don't think serviio has an issue with a cap on the number of files.

This may be a stupid idea...but, how about moving your fifth season directory into your fourth season directory just to see what happens?

And, I know that serviio trips out when the drive that you have the database on runs out of space...you didn't say if you had the database itself on the same drive as your video files as on your operating system. I'm guessing that you would do as I would and have all your operating system and serviio on the boot drive and then video file on raid...just a guess. In which case, did you make certain there is enough room on that drive??? Like I said...serviio really freaks out when it can't update the database.

Hopefully this solves your problem.
<<

Morbius

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:01 pm

Psyberwolf309 wrote:Hmmm...considering I have over 26k videos, I don't think serviio has an issue with a cap on the number of files.

This may be a stupid idea...but, how about moving your fifth season directory into your fourth season directory just to see what happens?

And, I know that serviio trips out when the drive that you have the database on runs out of space...you didn't say if you had the database itself on the same drive as your video files as on your operating system. I'm guessing that you would do as I would and have all your operating system and serviio on the boot drive and then video file on raid...just a guess. In which case, did you make certain there is enough room on that drive??? Like I said...serviio really freaks out when it can't update the database.

Hopefully this solves your problem.

In my initial post, I specifically mentioned that SERVIIO was installed on my C: drive (and I presume that is where the databases reside as well) with 113GB FREE SPACE ... just to rule out that issue.

I recoded the episodes and put those in a new folder "Season 05 TEST".

I have copied the episodes into the Season 04 folder.

Both FAIL

In desperation, I have recoded all the media to AVI and new MKV and changed both the Video (DIVX=>H.264) and Audio(AC3=>AAC) encoding so this should result in new and fully compliant files.

I have 3 directories and a TOSHIBA Smart TV, a SAMSUNG Smart TV and my Android TV box all report no valid media present.

A fourth and fifth fold that no longer exist still show up in the list of Subfolders under the general folder "Twilight Zone (1959-1964)"

Again, this problem persists!

Why won't the empty folders "go away"?

What is perplexing is that the log shows all the media files (and new folders) being added to the library then, inexplicably, DELETED. The "Phantom Folders" are deleted and then inexplicably added back again?

I am now going to look at Season 04 as perhaps the source of the reason that Season 05, no matter what I do, is totally messed up.
<<

Morbius

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:59 pm

I finally got fed up and just deleted the whole directory and subfolders for The Twilight Zone. No folder files of any sort remain for The Twilight Zone now in any SERVIIO Shared Folder.

I clicked on "FORCE REFRESH" a day and half ago.

The main folder as well as about 8 subfolders remain!

Why isn't SERVIIO removing the non-existent folders?
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Have you ever done a clean install of Serviio. Uninstall Serviio, delete the Serviio folder and any subfolders if any are left and then reinstall Serviio and create all shares on at a time checking everything is good in between adding shares.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Serviio Support & Help