FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Logging Playlist

<<

PL82

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:54 am

Logging Playlist

Hello,
i found the serviio product and it works fine in comparison to other products.
So i actually search an option to log the open files, because i want to know which files were played and on what time.

Is there also an option to rename the associated devices, i find it very confusion ;)
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Logging Playlist

No, it's not possible to retain a log of when files were played (this info is in the Serviio log file, but you would have to interpret it).

Nor can you rename a device at this stage. My first thought is that this would be a good feature - eg. rename a Playstation 3 as "PS3 - Bedroom" and another as "PS3 - Lounge Room" - however I can see problems with doing this. Serviio uses IP addresses so if they change the rename would be lost. Until (and if) Serviio matches to MAC addresses I cant see how this could be done (and afaik matching to MAC addresses isn't planned).
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

PL82

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:20 pm

machting IP Adresses is possible, because i have fixed IP's. I think the currently used names are a problem to identify system.

I tried to interpret the log files, but I have a play of the files was not recognizable.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:45 pm

PL82 wrote:machting IP Adresses is possible, because i have fixed IP's.
Yes, its good practice, but not everybody does. Most users will have dynamically assigned IP addresses.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Serviio Support & Help