FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So hard to using the mediabrowser or DLNA on TV and web/mobi

<<

wazer

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:54 am

So hard to using the mediabrowser or DLNA on TV and web/mobi

Im a simple man and I just want to go to my files directly when i click video on my TV, this works flawless with universal media server.

But with serviio.

You first have to go to
browse > then video which btw is freaking huge and no grid available.

Then folders(my translation its Mapper)
THEN after that i enter my storage(why just why?)

Hit browse, then folders? why can this be a thing.

My samsung and sony TV is the exact same, i have to enter a lot of folders before i access all my files.

with UMS its VIDEO > Files thats it.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:42 am

Re: So hard to using the mediabrowser or DLNA on TV and web/

Have you tried the Presentation tab in Serviio console. Serviio gives you a fair amount of flexibility (unlike others ;-)) to change which categories are displayed.

I'm not sure I fully understand how you want it, but try:

• in the Presentation tab Disable everything.
  • Then set "Folders" to "Display Content Only"
  • At the bottom uncheck "Include parent's title for items in 'Display content only' categories"
  • Press Save
Then check in MediaBrowser and your devices. You should be taken straight to your folders after clicking Video (which is what I think you want)
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:53 am

Why would you use MediaBrowser when you have DLNA TV? It should work the same way as with your other server.
<<

wazer

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:42 pm

DenyAll wrote:Have you tried the Presentation tab in Serviio console. Serviio gives you a fair amount of flexibility (unlike others ;-)) to change which categories are displayed.

I'm not sure I fully understand how you want it, but try:

• in the Presentation tab Disable everything.
  • Then set "Folders" to "Display Content Only"
  • At the bottom uncheck "Include parent's title for items in 'Display content only' categories"
  • Press Save
Then check in MediaBrowser and your devices. You should be taken straight to your folders after clicking Video (which is what I think you want)

Thanks will have to test that out!

edit tested, and seems to work fine on DLNA devices, however on mediabrowser its still the same.

zip wrote:Why would you use MediaBrowser when you have DLNA TV? It should work the same way as with your other server.

I'm not alone here and I prefer to use the mediabrowser in Serviio while using my PC/work... Fhe family prefers the TV DLNA ums/serviio depending on which server can handle the files. So i naturally select serviio on the TV bed/living room depending on sitiuation, and i noticed it was annoying compared to UMS while entering the DLNA browse mode with serviio.

I just purchased the serviiodroid and serviiogo apps too to support you guys even more, no clue if it just remove adds or i can do anything special with it, what the heck ;)
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:21 am

wazer wrote:edit tested, and seems to work fine on DLNA devices, however on mediabrowser its still the same.
That's strange - I tested it on MediaBrowser before posting (not not on my DLNA TV as that means moving to the other room :-)) and it worked. What version of Serviio are you on?

ps. "no clue if it just remove adds" - what ads?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

wazer

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:25 am

DenyAll wrote:
wazer wrote:edit tested, and seems to work fine on DLNA devices, however on mediabrowser its still the same.
That's strange - I tested it on MediaBrowser before posting (not not on my DLNA TV as that means moving to the other room :-)) and it worked. What version of Serviio are you on?

ps. "no clue if it just remove adds" - what ads?

I got the latest version directly from here 1.8
And your solution about unticking the parent thing worked for my TV's, however not in the mediabrowser

The ads was to zip about google apps from the market, i remember the last time like a year ago there where ads showing while using the apps very long time ago.
And I just saw now that you could purchase the premium versions for serviioGo and serviioDroid without knowing if they do anything special for you, hence "no clue" ;)

Return to Serviio Support & Help