Servio on Win2012 Server Core

<<

maxves

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Servio on Win2012 Server Core

Hello,
i have a question.

Serviio work on windows 2012 server core ?

I have installed software, but i have an error and an warning.

[MediaServer] An unexpected error occured. Ending the application. Message: FFMPEG not found. Serviio will not work properly.
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.serviio.MediaServer.main(MediaServer.java:143)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: FFMPEG not found. Serviio will not work properly.
at org.serviio.external.FFMPEGWrapper.loadFFmpegInfo(FFMPEGWrapper.java:143)
at org.serviio.external.FFMPEGWrapper.<clinit>(FFMPEGWrapper.java:116)
... 1 more

and
[IndexedDiskCache] Region [thumbnails] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.
[IndexedDiskCache] Region [subtitles] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.
[IndexedDiskCache] Region [online_technical_metadata] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.
[IndexedDiskCache] Region [tokens] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.
[IndexedDiskCache] Region [subtitles_metadata] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.

Thanks in advance
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Servio on Win2012 Server Core

can you execute ffmpeg at all? it's in the installation folder under lib folder.
<<

maxves

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:28 pm

ffmpeg.exe did not responding
the actual version of serviio is 1.7.1

in the version 1.7 of serviio the error was only:

[IndexedDiskCache] Region [thumbnails] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.
[IndexedDiskCache] Region [subtitles] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.
[IndexedDiskCache] Region [online_technical_metadata] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.
[IndexedDiskCache] Region [tokens] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.
[IndexedDiskCache] Region [subtitles_metadata] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.

the ffmpeg error is not present in the log
Attachments
1.jpg
ffmpeg.exe did not responding
1.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:02 am

If FFMPEG didn't exist, you'd get an error message. Therefore, it was in that folder. When I ran that command on my computer, it took about 15 seconds before the results were shown. From your screenshot, nothing returned. I would suggest replacing the FFMPEG in the folder with another version. For Windows, you can download the latest version here: https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

I always download the latest 64 bit version, rather than the 32 bit version that Serviio ships with. It seems to work a little better on my computers.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

maxves

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:10 pm

I have download last version of ffmpeg for windows 64bit and i have replaced the file in the folder.
the result is the same, ffmpeg do not start when is called in a command promt.
<<

jrtolle

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:39 pm

Server core removes some of the DLLs ffmpeg relies on. Copy these files from a full version of the matching server OS. If you have switched to a 64-bit ffmpeg, get the appropriate files from the standard system32 folder.

C:\windows\syswow64
msvfw32.dll
avicap32.dll

C:\windows\syswow64\en-us
avicap32.dll.mui
msvfw32.dll.mui
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:19 pm

jrtolle wrote:Server core removes some of the DLLs ffmpeg relies on. Copy these files from a full version of the matching server OS. If you have switched to a 64-bit ffmpeg, get the appropriate files from the standard system32 folder.

C:\windows\syswow64
msvfw32.dll
avicap32.dll

C:\windows\syswow64\en-us
avicap32.dll.mui
msvfw32.dll.mui

To my understanding, ffmpeg is a self-contained application that does not require any additional DLLs. There is no install procedure for ffmpeg, so there's no way for DLL files to be placed in the Windows folder. Now if you are referring to being able to build from the source code, then those files might be necessary. But not to use the ffmpeg.exe executable.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help