FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Xfinity/Comcast X1 DVR and Serviio ??

<<

rootazoid

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Xfinity/Comcast X1 DVR and Serviio ??

March 27, 2017. I just ordered the Xfinity/Comcast X1 DVR. Question: will my Serviio server via the CC router work? It does work with my current DISH Network DVR via the CC router. I happen to use ethernet for it but it also works via WiFi.

Anyone with experience with this? My old TV's not "smart" so I'll need to go through the DVR, or possibly the HTR which is set up to pass DVD video to the TV, but I don't often want the HTR for simple television, mainly use it for DVDs.

If it won't work it might be a deal-breaker, gotta have my Serviio! And it's not too late to cancel the switch from Dish to X.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Re: Xfinity/Comcast X1 DVR and Serviio ??

What do you mean by "work"? Within your network it should have no impact at all. The only difference would be if you have static IP addresses on any of your network devices and the new router is configured to use a different IP address range. Then one or the other would need to be reconfigured.

For accessing your Media Browser from the Internet, you need the ability to port forward in the Comcast router. I would expect that ability is there, but have no experience with one so can't say for sure what its capabilities are.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

rootazoid

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Re: Xfinity/Comcast X1 DVR and Serviio ??

Thanks. Serviio is already working fine over my existing Comcast Arris router to the DISH Hopper DVR. I doubt the Comcast installer will be bringing a different router. I have the router connected via ethernet to the Hopper, but it did and does work over WiFi. From net searches it seems the Xfinity X1 ethernet port, while present, is somehow disabled, so WiFi would be the way. I figure the X1 broadcasts WiFi, smartphones pick it up over WiFi using their App, but I'm not sure it accepts WiFi commands IN.

Return to Serviio Support & Help