FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I had to reset my router, and now I can't access Serviio

<<

kiteman

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:07 pm

I had to reset my router, and now I can't access Serviio

I have a Linksys WRT54G which mysteriously had the WiFi stop working on it recently. I reset it and problem solved, but now when I try to access Serviio from my Sony DVD player I cannot find the Server. On the Console the DVD player shows online (green), but I just can't access it from the DVD player. I was previously on v1.5.2 and even went to 1.8, but I still have the same problem. I feel like maybe because I reset my router there is something in settings I need to change to make it work, but the only thing I could think of was UPnP, and it is turned on by default. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: I had to reset my router, and now I can't access Serviio

Some routers have a setting that blocks wireless devices from seeing other devices on the network. Not sure how Linksys might have it labeled, usually something about privacy or something. Should be under the wireless settings.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

kiteman

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:34 pm

Thanks. The only thing I can find is adding port forwarding for 8895/1900, which I did but it did not help. I can't find any setting regarding blocking or allowing other wireless devices from seeing other devices on the network.

If anyone else has an idea, or owns an older Linksys and can assist, thank you very much.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Firstly make sure both the Server and DVD player are on the same subnet (first three numbers of their IP addresses are the same). Also check your firewall on your Server isn't blocking anything. Some Sony devices have an option to remove Media Servers - if your device has this option, remove Serviio and see if its re-discovered (you may have to exit and re-enter the Media Server menu area).

Then play with your router - first update its firmware if not the latest. Then try changing individual settings one at a time and testing. Some settings to look for:

• Anything to do with Multicast - some linksys routers have a setting under Security for Multicast Filtering.
  • Anything to do with IGMP Snooping or IGMP Proxy
  • Anything to do with wireless isolation (this is what atc98092 was referring to).
Port forwarding only affects traffic from the internet. Not in play here.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Port forwarding is not necessary for internal access. I believe those ports are uPnP related, which shouldn't need opening. If you have the Pro version and want to access the MediaBrowser from the Internet, the only port that needs forwarding is 23424.

I pulled up a manual for your router, and found the isolation setting. It's in the Advanced Wireless settings, called AP Isolation. It is supposed to be turned off by default, but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen something that didn't work the way the manual says! I see two other settings that you can check. Under Security/Firewall, see that Filter Multicast is turned on, and that Filter Internet NAT Redirection is turned off. Beyond that, nothing is jumping out at me that could be affecting your access to Serviio.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

kiteman

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Thanks guys, all of those settings were correct and it still isn't working. I cannot clear serviio from my Sony DVD, but I'm considering resetting it to defaults and starting over. I'll post back later today or in a couple of days and let you guys know if that works.

Return to Serviio Support & Help