FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't remove shared Folder

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon May 08, 2017 2:12 am

Can't remove shared Folder

Zip,

Had a hard drive failure during a severe thunderstorm last week. I currently have the failed drive connected, and Windows sees it, although believes it's in RAW format with no content. I am currently running recovery software to get what I can, but it's a slow process. I decided to remove the failed drive from Serviio, but ran into issues. First, it took many minutes for the console to load the shared folders tab. I removed the two shared locations that were on that drive, then clicked OK. After about 30+ seconds, an error message appeared and to check the log. The log is attached.

The strange thing is, when I use MediaBrowser to look at my folders, it does appear that they were removed. However, the console is still running very slowly. I can't stop the service at this time, as my wife is watching something. I am traveling all week, so won't be able to test anything further until I return Friday.
Attachments
serviio.zip
(11.63 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Tue May 09, 2017 1:52 am

Re: Can't remove shared Folder

Jeez what a perfect storm of a bad situation! Did you have a backup?

I would get a new drive and populate it and redo serviio.

I borked my last 1.7 or whatever it was and when I reinstalled 1.8 from scratch it was fast.

But I don't use shares mine is on usb 2tb.

FWIW Recuva is the best recovery software I have used, it's very powerful.

Going to get ups and backup soon.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed May 10, 2017 11:51 am

No backups, as I have over 12 TB of media across 6 hard drives. Back up drives would cost a bunch, and that's way too much to attempt to back up online, especially with only a 5 Mbps upload speed! :)

Funny thing, even though I encountered the error message it successfully removed one of the two folders. I then went in and removed the 2nd one without issue. After removing them both the console GUI resumed its normal response, so the bad file locations were doing something. It was probably because even though those locations were unavailable the drive letter itself still existed.

I forget the recovery software I'm using, but with the last HD failure I experienced it recovered all but one video (out of about 300). This time it appears to be missing some more, but so far it's just movies I've recorded OTA and removed the commercials. I'm traveling this week, so I don't know how far along the recovery is. when I lost my last drive, I replaced a 3TB with a 5TB drive, so I have plenty of space to recover these without getting a new drive. One less drive will reduce the heat this thing kicks off as well, so I'm not planning on replacing the drive.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed May 10, 2017 3:01 pm

removing a shared folder from the console might block the console for a while, if the folder includes a lot of files.

https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... y-api-call
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Thu May 11, 2017 9:34 am

To back it up would be expensive but a good ups is about $50 then thunderstorms wouldn't bother the server any more.

Glad things are semi ok. I don't have a full backup either and what you describe is something I have worried about.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu May 11, 2017 12:15 pm

Yeah, I keep meaning to buy some UPSs for my computers and significant TV/AVR installation. I would also need one in the garage to keep my DSL modem and Ethernet switch running. This event will likely hasten their purchase. :lol:
Dan

Return to Serviio Support & Help