FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MediaBrowser player not playing videos

<<

alanware78

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 13, 2017 1:04 am

MediaBrowser player not playing videos

I cannot seem to find this in the forums. I am unable to get the MediaBrowser player to play any of my videos. The videos play alright through dlna. I have tried to play from Windows 7 using Google Chrome and Firefox as well as from chrome on Linux.
<<

astin77

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Re: MediaBrowser player not playing videos

I am having exactly the same issue - I have used MediaBrowser before with no issues, however I upgraded to the Pro version recently (had used it on the free trial period on previous occasions) and it wil not work. It shows all videos, photos and music, and even show sthe thumbnails and first frames with the 'play' button over it, but when actually clicking 'play' the user interface just goes round as if it is buffering or loading but nothing happens, this is on ANY file,even on images when clicking on them for full screen view, just nothing..! Can anyone help? I have tried on Windows 10, Ubuntu 17.04 using both IE, Chrome and Firefox but nothing has helped resolve it.

Cheers,

Andy
<<

astin77

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: MediaBrowser player not playing videos

My bad....

I worked out why it was no longer working. I had the server running as a VM, which I moved to a different physical server and imported the VM. Even though I moved the physcial HDD with the library on it, I didn't enable the pass-through foreign 'disk' in the new VM and so the library that mediabrowser was trying to use wasn't there - one click of the button and it was working again within seconds. SO if anyone else has the same problem with MediaBrowser, maybe wise to see what folder location Serviio is looking at for your library!

Andy

Return to Serviio Support & Help