FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Homestream V 1.1

<<

Davidpriddy

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:08 am

Homestream V 1.1

Hey,

I know that Homestream was discontinued by SONY a few years ago but I've always stuck with it because it's the only media server software that has ever worked for me, even using Serviio's version...nothing ever plays so I've just stuck with Sony's version of the software.

I have noticed something odd ever since I've used it though and I thought I would take the time to create an account here to ask the question, perhaps someone here has an explanation for it and can finally solve the mystery for me?

When I view "status" in the Homestream console, under the device list, it never shows any of my devices as "active device", even when I'm actually connected to a device and streaming from my laptop to the device, it always shows "unknown device state." I've used Homestream since about 2013 I believe and no matter what computer I've had, this has always been the case.

Just curious if anyone knows why this is? Obviously everything works fine but I just don't understand why it never shows as "active device" when it's obviously active and running.

Thanks!
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Homestream V 1.1

If it ain't broke don't fix it?
<<

Davidpriddy

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:31 pm

I hear you, just kinda looking for an explanation. Any videos I watch online of people using Homestream their connections light up in green in the console so I'm just wondering why mine aren't.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:01 am

The Roku players all appear as an unknown connection, even when actively streaming from Serviio. But even showing unknown it will show the play indicator during use and correctly show how long the video has been playing. For the Roku players, it has something to do with the way they have implemented DLNA in their firmware. Seems it's missing a particular message in its broadcast. As freaknik says, it works so I'm not overly concerned with it. :D
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:27 am

I have green for my Blu-ray player and red for my phone but both work. Lots of question marks that's kind of weird. This is on Serviio I don't have homestream

Return to Serviio Support & Help