FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Training videos but no "online metadata"

<<

rumplestiltskin

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Training videos but no "online metadata"

I hope I'm using the correct description. Here's the problem (and it's admittedly a minor one):

I have a number of training videos (Lynda.com mostly). I've renamed them so they're like this:

LyndaAccess.S01E01.mp4
LyndaAccess.S01E02.mp4
LyndaAccess.S02E01.mo4
etc.

The "series" is what Lynda refers to as a "chapter" and "episodes" are simply the order in which you would watch them.

Here's my question: How do I get a folder full of these files to appear in a "Series"? In "Folder" view, they show up just fine. Is it because there is no bona fide series by that name anywhere online?

Advice appreciated. Thanks!
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:01 am

Re: Training videos but no "online metadata"

Is it because there is no bona fide series by that name anywhere online?
Yes, by default Serviio will try and match the filename of your media files to an online source (thetvdb.com) to try and find a metadata for the file (metadata = series title, actors, directors, etc). For your Lynda files there is no metadata info in the online sources.

How do I get a folder full of these files to appear in a "Series"?
It can be done, but it will be painful. You will need to change your source for metadata in Serviio Console, Metadata from "Online metadata sources" to something locally (eg. "XMBC .nfo files"). This will allow you to create your own local metadata files (.nfo files) and store them in the same folder as your media files.

Now for the bad news... once its set, it affects all shares. You can't (yet) have some shares use the on-line source and others .nfo files. As such, you will then need to create .nfo files for all your media (even those ones where you could have used online sources). There are some tools around that will use the online sources to create these files automatically for you (for TV series and movies), but you will still need to create them manually for all your Lynda files.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Serviio Support & Help