FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Change priority of extractors / manually edit metadata

<<

marky9074

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:52 am

Change priority of extractors / manually edit metadata

Hi there,

Been using Serviio for about a year now, and very pleased with it over the stock DLNA experience on Synology NAS. However, even with all my files correctly tagged with XBMC nfo files (or just embedded for MP3) audio files often scrape the most recent cover (which I would like to change). For example, if an artist has a track in a compilation (and it is newer than their own material), the image of the compilation shows as the artist image rather than the artist.

If there was a way to manually edit the database to correct these images, then I would be happy to do it by hand. But ideally I'd like to know why (and how to avoid) Serviio using the most recent image of an album as the artists image, or at least see the development of a feature to stop compilations being included.

To reiterate, ripped an Olly Murs CD yesterday (for the other half). When I look at this artist folder (under DLNA) it shows the image for 'Now that's what I call Music 80' - I would like to correct/fix this, or change the way the extraction works so that it doesn't include compilations.

Cheers,

Mark
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:08 am

Re: Change priority of extractors / manually edit metadata

for audio, it tries to extract the image from the file itself. But, if you have a local poster (http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=12) it will be used instead.

Return to Serviio Support & Help