FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio (PC) -> Media Player -> TV

<<

Haki

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:20 pm

Serviio (PC) -> Media Player -> TV

I have some old TV (not smart) so i want to use it in my room but problem is it doesnt have WIFI, so i bought Media Player which works really good but.... i installed ServiioGo so i can browser Movies from my Computer but movies sometimes freeze (stop) like its buffering or something i really dont know. With 2 players i got with media player it doesnt work, cant open them, but i tried opening movies with KODI and MX Player and it works but as i said i get freezing (stop).

Im using Servio Pro (PC)
ServiioGo (Media Player)
KODI (Media Player)

I really dont know what to do.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: Serviio (PC) -> Media Player -> TV

This sounds like it could be a networking issue. What is your media player? Also possible the media player doesn't have the power to stream an HD video at full bit rate. So that depends on the media you are trying to play. I have some videos that have a bit rate around 1 Mbps, while others can exceed 40 Mbps. I have an older Sony media player that can't keep up with the higher bit rates. And what sort of CPU does your computer have?

As you can tell, we need more details.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Haki

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:03 pm

I cant find bitrate.... anyway its SCISHION V88

http://www.ebay.com/itm/V88-4K-1080P-An ... 2108925370

I have i7 3770k.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:42 pm

OK, your computer has sufficient power, and your media player should based on the claimed specs. I am assuming you are using the Generic profile in the Serviio console, since that player should support almost every kind of video or audio. That is assuming the specs listed are honest and accurate. :lol:

That pretty much leaves the network as the bottleneck. If there are a lot of wireless signals in your area, it's possible that interference is restricting your speed. You might try changing the channel on your wireless router. I can't tell you how to do that unless I know the make and model (and I can find a manual online!), but most are set by default to AUTO. And that isn't always the best choice. Your media player doesn't support 5 GHz wireless, so that option isn't available. Moving your wireless router might also improve performance with your media player.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:32 am

I had the same problem, for me it was networking issue:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23093&p=112623

tldr: check the host, make sure nic drivers are up to date and functioning.

If you change router channel, change nic channel too. ie. Router channel 11. host wifi channel 11, media player channel 11.

I try to have wired everyhing for connections, more reliable than wireless imo.

Return to Serviio Support & Help