FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio removing files from library when storage is down

<<

yuljk

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Serviio removing files from library when storage is down

Hi - Serviio is removing files from my library when my storage system is shutdown every day for 30 minutes. The data is on a Windows 2012 R2 VM which is shutdown for 30 minutes everyday in order to perform snapshots for Veeam.

How can I prevent Serviio from starting to remove files from the library when this occurs?
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: Serviio removing files from library when storage is down

What version of Serviio? Latest ones shouldn't do this.....
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

yuljk

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:29 pm

1.9 - I'm running on Ubuntu 16.04 with my Windows 2012 share setup as a persistent mount.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Not sure - when a shared folder is unavailable then Serviio will not remove the files. This was tested in previous version although admittedly not in this latest release (but nothing was changed that should have affected it).

I'm guessing but perhaps what is happening is that the shared folder is still available (and detected by Serviio), but the files are not - is this what you mean by persistent???? This would cause Serviio to believe that the files were deleted, and remove them from the database.

If this is the case - is there anyway to remove the mount during the snapshot? This would have Serviio see the whole share as unavailable (and not just the individual files) and therefore not remove the associated data from the database.

Alternatively, the only other thing I can think off is to write a script to shut down Serviio pre-snapshot and start it again post.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

yuljk

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Many thanks for the reply. Yeah - the share is setup as a persistent mount point in fstab with credentials specified in a text file.

I'm gonna try a slightly alternative method and join the Ubuntu server to my domain and modify the startup script to run as a kerberos user - hopefully this should allow me to scrap using mount points altogether and go back to using UNC paths
<<

yuljk

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:09 am

In the end I just setup a scheduled task in vCenter to shut down the VM before the Veeam snapshot takes places and power on after completion.

Unfortunately - looking at the serviio log it starts again from scratch with the library - any ideas what is going on here? - I presume serviio should be OK with using a mount in fstab..
<<

yuljk

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Here's the entry in /etc/fstab if it helps

Code:
//192.168.50.182/storage/music /mnt/Music cifs credentials=/root/.smbcredentials,gid=1000,uid=1000,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0

And then from the serviio console I've browsed to /mnt/Music for my shared folder. Unless theres a bug in 1.9 - I don't get why serviio insists on doing an entire library refresh..

Any ideas?
<<

yuljk

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:39 pm

Seems to be resolved now after performing aptitude updates on the Ubuntu 16.04 server. Not sure exactly which package resolved the issue as I was already on 16.04.2 - presume it was the .3 updates.

Do you think I will still need to have a scheduled task to shutdown and restart the serviio server whilst the Windows server is snapshotted? You say that serviio should detect that the shared folder is inaccessible during this period and not perform a full library refresh.

Thanks
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:12 am

The only thing I can say is to try it without the script, monitoring the log file. It should have worked from day one without the script, so maybe the update fixed this as well.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator

Return to Serviio Support & Help