FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Casting to DLNA TV problem

<<

maydin

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Casting to DLNA TV problem

My TV supports DLNA, somehow. There is no option related to DLNA in TV though it supports. But after connecting it to modem, if I right click a video on Windows and choose "Cast to Device" my TV starts playing that video immediately.

I tried to stream a video to TV with VLC too but i failed.

I followed some video instructions for Twitch in Serviio, but they are using browsing features of TV which I dont have. Now what should I follow to watch Twitch streams from my TV. I couldn't find something from internet.

Windows Cast to Device shows like that. VESTEL is local TV producer here. ACCESS CO. is probably DLNA provider of TV as I learned from internet.
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:27 am

Re: Casting to DLNA TV problem

You need to put a link to the stream in the serviio library:

http://www.wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=add_live_feeds
<<

maydin

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:24 pm

My problem is not Twitch stream cast.

Problem is nothing cast to my TV except Windows Cast to Device thing.

In my TV, I cannot browse DLNA content or switch something to that like HDMI or VGA etc. If I use Cast to Device from Windows, TV just opens the video instantly.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:31 am

maydin wrote:My TV supports DLNA, somehow. There is no option related to DLNA in TV though it supports. But after connecting it to modem, if I right click a video on Windows and choose "Cast to Device" my TV starts playing that video immediately.
My understanding is that the "Cast to Device" functionality uses one of a number of protocols - DLNA, Miracast, and possibly others. So, just because casting works, doesn't mean DLNA is supported.

Look for options under your "Media Player" / "Media Pilot" or similar - you need to see the Serviio icon/server. Sorry can't be more helpful without the TV or manual.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Serviio Support & Help