FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

new virgin hub 3 conenction problem

<<

draardvark

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:22 am

new virgin hub 3 conenction problem

Hi guys,

i just got a new virgin hub (3) and now in the serviio console the tv has a red dot and is inactive.
The tv is definity connected to the internet through the hub ok.
it worked fine on the old hub but i can't remember what settings (if any) i set to get it working.

any help would be appreciated as i'm not very good at this kind of thing.

i am still using serviio 1.6 - i didn't want to change as it was working fine.

thanks a lot
<<

draardvark

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:46 am

Re: new virgin hub 3 conenction problem

its ok, i got it working - not sure what i did.
i attempted to set some port forwarding and also set my tv to wireless as well as wired, but hey, its working!

in the connected devices i now have:
1 - an unrecognised device (generic DNLA profile) with a question mark (unknown) on it - this might be the new tv box which i connected to the hub.
2 - the tv on a new ip address with a green active symbol
3 - my pc which is listed as 'windows media player' and has always had an inactive red button next to it (no idea why)

but its working on my tv so thats all i need,

thanks and sorry to bother you ;)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:50 am

Re: new virgin hub 3 conenction problem

Not every device reports back to Serviio its connection status. Only devices that follow the DLNA protocol correctly do so. Roku devices never show green, nor do most devices on my network. I believe the only ones that reliably turn green are my TVs and Blu Ray players. My one networked Yamaha AVR also shows green. But all of my computers, phones, and other networked devices show either unknown or inactive. Even when playing a movie!
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help